👻cнαpтer тнιrтeeɴ👻

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on Earth should that mean it’s not real?" - Albus Dumbledore

Leona had kept blanking out recently

She would always come out of the "blanks" confused and uncertain. But she had no doubts that this would be one of the many after effects she would receive from the new schedule of tests that she had been forced into.

Now that Lang(the new guy that was in charge until they managed to fix Silas) was in charge, he had ordered more tests and experiments on the Lioness.

More than what Silas had been doing in the past. While Silas had made his workers test Leona every second week or so, Lang made sure that Leona was being tested and experimented on everyday.

“Leona?”

The girl blinked at Alina who looked worried for her, even Azaazel had gotten up when they noticed that their human was finally back to her senses. 

Leona’s voice was goggy, “What happened?”

“You disappeared,” Azazel said as he gently rubbed his head against her arm, “Mentally, again.”

Leona didn’t know what to say to that. Biting her lip anxiously. 

Alina leaped into Leona’s lap, her touch comforting the girl slightly, but not completely. Only one person could do that, and he wasn’t there. 

👻

Leona’s condition only grew worse as the days went on.

Not only did she end up blanking out five or six times a day, but the loneliness that consumed her made her feel rather empty - even if Alina and Azazel were there to comfort her - the feeling wouldn't be shaken from Leona.

It was an accident that one of her blanks happened during a test.

Leona had gotten bored, letting her mind wander. The last thing she remembered was her lions looking at her before she was gone.