Entry #8: September 27 1991

Greetings, my son.

Your father is back. My day, yet again has been bright because of your presence.

I have actually been fairly busy when it came to work. I came up with an idea for a new toy for you.

But it all started when we watched a duel on television and you took to it like a fish to water. You were amazed when the monsters materialized along the sides of those duel runners. You snuggled that StarDust Dragon tighter when you saw the dragons and you watched it as though it was your mother who just walked in the door and you saw her for the first time.

So, after that affair last night, I wanted to give you something that you would treasure forever. But it would just be a toy. Hence my new idea.

I created a pad that brought out the monster of any card that you would insert into it. As long as it was on the pad, the monster would interact with you and would basically be a real monster.

Not a dueling monster, but just...you could say a pet.

It didn't take long for me to complete. We already had something like that at the facility, but I had to make some adjustments to make it kinda like a play pad for you.

I made it soft, a little bigger, flexible and rubbery to make it more playful. I must say, as I made these modifications, I couldn't stop imagining your face when I would come back home with your new plaything.

I found a card with the StarDust Dragon just for you and your friend to play together. I knew you were going to love it, and when I had to work overtime on it for an extra couple of hours, I hoped that would make it even better.

And I believe it did.

I got back home and the babysitter gave you to me and you hugged me like you hadn't seen me in years.

"Da-ee!" You cried out, clutching me like a lifeline.

I hugged you back and we stayed that way until the babysitter eventually left after being seemingly kicked out by you. Oh Yusei, you didn't want her there once I got back. Not anymore.

Which was actually quite amusing.

Once I got there, you continuously pointed at the door, silently demanding that the babysitter leave, so the babysitter didn't really get much more time there. But she didn't mind it at all and was right out.

Finally, as soon as she left, you calmed down and finally got back to watching your little cartoons on the television while I put your new play pad together in secret.

Soon, it was done and you were still greatly into your cartoon, so I decided to get your attention. I inserted the StarDust Dragon card and the Dragon materialized in front of me and I beamed. The dragon let out a loud roar, startling you.

But you were too surprised to cry and instead, you tilted your head and looked at me from where you sat.

"Yusei, I want you to see someone." I smiled, shutting off the machine and walking over to you, picking you up gently.

I walked back over to the pad and set you down on it and you felt around the fabric, making faces. You had no idea what was going on until I flipped a switch and that dragon hologram was back in business.

You squealed when your eyes landed on the dragon and you clapped happily as the dragon rapped itself around you and purred.

"Star!!" You repeated, hugging the dragon happily, "Star! Star! Star!"

I can remember watching you and that dragon play. You two played on and on, for hours after I first fixed up the machine and I was very happy that you were very happy.

After all, its what I wanted. I wanted you to be very happy.

And you were.

Now, you are still with that dragon, but you fell asleep earlly against the dragon's side as it nuzzled you and purred gently, lulling you to sleep. It didn't take long for the dragon to fall asleep either.

It was close behind you.

Finally, less than a few minutes earlier, I finally slipped the baby stardust stuffed animal into your arms and turned off the machine, StarDust disappearing. You lay there unaffected and you cuddled that stuffed animal in your sleep as I gently picked you up and lay you down in your crib.

The Kuribo sat neglected in a corner of your crib and I picked it up, fluffing it slightly. I knew someone who had a son who absolutely loved Kuribos. He was only a little younger than you.

And his name is currently forgotten, but I think it starts with a J...

Maybe he'll like it. Surely I don't think you'd mind he taking that stuffed animal.

Not now, anyway. So, that basically raps up my day. You are still as playful as you always have been. I wonder about how old you are when you finally find this.

Do you have children of your own?

Do you still love that StarDust Dragon?

I know it'll still love you. Just like I do. I love you, my son.

Forever and always.

Your loving father always,

Damon Fudo