Entry #5: September 18 1991

Hello, There.

Here is another journal of my day with my adorable baby boy. Every day, he gets a little bigger, gets a little more personality, plays a lot more, and just down right grows.

I love sharing these moments with him. They go by so quickly.

Before, if I would have lost my wife and if I would have never got you, my life would be the dullest of them all. It would probably consist of things like sleep, eat, work, rinse and repeat.

But with my son, I always have something interesting to look forward to. Just like today.

It was just like the day we have been having these last few days.

I had to break out of the house again while you stayed with the babysitter. You never really got used to the fact that I had to leave every morning. She actually tells me that you would sit at the window after my car drove away, just crying.

And when I would hear that, I would just treasure our moments even more. Every morning, you wake up snuggling with your StarDust And when I would come to the crib, you would reach up for me with your little hands, just dropping your toy and turning your whole attention to me.

No matter how many times I would see that, my heart would melt. Your little laughter makes me laugh and really brightens my day. Like usual, your favorite shows that were full of color and little talking animals played and we sat in the living room as I fed you your breakfast.

Finally, it was 8:30 when your sitter drove up into our driveway and you burst into tears when you saw her car outside our house. You knew what it meant when her car was outside. You knew it well.

Poor you didn't want your daddy to leave.

Your shows didn't seem to help what so ever. I let your sitter in, but you refused to look at her, still crying your poor heart out.

"Oh Yusei..." I bounced you up and down, "Daddy loves you, but you know I have to go..."

Nothing really changed. Your babysitter tried to help as well, giving advice as she could. You simply didn't want her there. You wanted me. But as flattering as it sounds now, it just couldn't happen.

I put you down in the living room again, on your little play may with your toys, but you wouldn't separate from me. You kept grabbing and reaching for me if I would put you down.

Soon, I had an idea.

I went into your bedroom and grabbed your StarDust Dragon stuffed animal. It was one of your favorites. You loved to hug it and to feel its soft surface. It always helped at night, so it might help somewhat in day.

When your eyes fell on the Dragon, your tears slowed and you reached for it, your little fingers bending and straightening. Your little blue eyes big and round as I gave it to you made me believe that your mother had made the right decision buying this for you, even if it was a few months before your birth...

You sat there in your little footie pajamas hugging and holding it like it was your only friend. You dug your face into the toy, squeezing it more and your tears dried.

Eventually, I had to head for the door, but you tried to stop me. When I would pass you, you latched to my leg, crying. I would have to pick you up to calm you down and you would look at me through those pathetic, adorable blue eyes.

And I mean pathetic in a good way.

After several attempts to walk out the door without you foiling my plans, I finally got out to the car. One of your favorite cartoons came on and you sat on your rug, tightly holding the stuffed animal close.

You, like always, were full of joy when you saw me return. And after the babysitter left, it was just me and you in the house.

Tonight went by well. You went to bed not long before I began writing the entry. It's a bit late, but I can't really stop writing.

Being a father is really truly amazing. And when you have a child like the one I have, it is wonderful. Seeing you snuggle with your stuffed animal livened me up. Seeing the look of sheer joy on your face when I got home from work was downright adorable!

But I can't help but wonder about the future...in a few months, maybe about a year, we are going to begin building a nuclear reactor. For some strange reason, I have a bad feeling about it...

But no matter what happens, that won't change the fact that I love you.

And I always will.

Your Loving Father Always,
Damon Fudo