Chapter 12

Nasa  Gatchallian  Hotel  na  sina  Zairah,  ang  hotel  nina  Lance.  Doon kasi  gaganapin  ang  party  niya.  Kasalukuyan  siyang  inaayusan  ng  hairstylist  at  make  up  artist  na  kinuha  nila.  Nasa  isang  presidential  suite  siya.  Panay  puri  ng  mga  stylist  sa  kanya  dahil  nga  sobrang  ganda niya  at  di na  raw  sila  nahirapan  sa  pag-aayos  sa  kanya  dahil  no  need  na  daw  na  maraming  make  up  ang  itapal  sa  mukha  niya  para  lang  gumanda.  They  just  high-lighted  her  best  assets  in  her  face  so  that  she  would  look  more  beautiful  and  sophisticated  yet  simple.  Di  nagtagal  ay  natapos  na  rin  siyang  ayusan.

She  stands  in  front  of  a  life-sized  mirror  and  looks  at  her  reflection.  She  smiles  when  she  saw  herself.  She's  so  beautiful  in  her  red  sweetheart  neckline  high-low  gown  (thigh  high  ang  tabas  sa  harap  at  mataas  naman  ang  sa  likuran  na  may  konting  trail).  Her  hair  is  perfectly  done  in  a  beach  wave  curls.  The  dangling  earings  with  ruby  stones  cut  into  small  pieces  of  hearts  and  a  gold  chain  necklace  with  a  big  ruby  stone  still,  cut  into  heart  shape  adds  elegance  to  her  looks.  Plus  the  red  strappy  stilleto  Dolce  and  Gabana  sandals  made  her  legs  look  so  perfect  and  sexy. Now,  she's  set  to  go  coz  her  guests  are  already  waiting  for  her  at  the  hotel's  grand  pavilion.

"Ladies  and  gentlemen...I  present  to  you  the  birthday  celebrant...no  other  than  the  princess  of  Buenavista  family,  Ms.  Zairah  Velarde  Buenavista!"  sabi  ng  emcee  nang  makita  siya  nito.  Nakatayo  siya  sa  taas  ng  hagdanan.  Nang  matapos  ang  intro  nito  ay  nagsipalakpakan  ang  mga  guets  at  siya  naman  ay  dahan-dahan  na  bumababa  sa  malaking  staircase  na  napapalibutan  ng  mga  palamuti  at  ang  bawat  baitang  nito  ay  may  mga  petals  ng  red  roses  na  siyang  nagsisilbing  carpet.  An  orchestra  started  to  play  as  she  was  coming  down.

She  was  all  smiles  while  she's  taking  her  walk.  Then  she  saw  Chad  standing  at  the  end  of  the  stairs,  waiting  for  her.  It  was  like  a  majestic  moment  and  all  eyes  are  on  her.  Guests  stare  at  her  with  admiration.  But  she  admired  only  one  man  right  on  this  place —  Chad.

He  looks  deadly  gorgeous  in  his  black  tux.  His  long  hair  is  neatly  tied  at  the  back,  only  letting  his  one-sided  bangs  to  be  left  untied.  She  can't  wait  to  be  with  him  so  she  walks  a  lil'  bit  faster.  Finally  when  she  reached  at  him,  she  clings  to  his  arm.  Then  they  walk  towards  her  family  which  is  seated  at  the  front  table.

She  hugged  her  parents  and  her  siblings  as  well  as  her  friends.  Her  grandparents  on  her  dad's  side  are  present  and  it  made  her  happy  coz  she  seldom  see  them.  Each  one  of  them  greeted  her  a  happy  birthday.  "This  is  my  best  party  ever!"  she  thought.  "Anyway  princess,  we  have  a  surprise  for  you,"  sabi  ng  mommy  Stacey  niya.  Her  brows  crossed.

"Happy  birthday  hija!"  She  was  stunned  for  she  knew  well  who  owns  that  voice.  She  turned  around  excitedly.  "Grandma!"  She  hugs  her  grandma  so  tight.  "Oh!  I  miss  you  so  much  granny!  Kailan  pa  kayo  dumating?"  she  asked.  Sa  States  na  kasi  uli  ito  naka-based  together  with  her  uncle,  which  is  the  older  brother  of  her  mom.