Chapter Eleven - You

-POV Bam-

"A...well, I wouldn't say a wise person," I said, smiling while thinking of Urek, "once told me 'You are you. Don't ever lose yourself.' That's the most important thing, that after all this time, you're still you. No one else can define yourself for you." I hugged Khun. He laughed, a soft, melodic sound. "When did you get so wise?" "I've always been wise," I protested. Khun laughed again. "Have you ever liked someone romantically, Bam?" I thought about it. Have I? Despite what people think, I'm aware girls like me, I just pretend that I'm oblivious because I'm too shy and socially awkward to tell them I don't like them back. Endorsi, Ehwa, Yuri...they're all my dear friends, but I've never been interested romantically. I was never in love with Rachel either. She was like a sister to me. I don't know much about romance, but it feels wrong to be in love with someone you treated as a sister. I've never considered if I like guys.

"I don't think I've ever liked someone romantically," I start, "but I don't know how to tell." "Tell what?" Khun asked. "If I did like someone."

"Being in love feels different for everyone," Khun said, shrugging. "Only you know when you're in love." "How does it feel for you?" I asked. "It feels...like my world would end without the person I love. Hell, it feels like there is no world without them, a world without them is a lie." "Is...is there someone you like, Khun?" I asked hesitantly. "Yeah. Am I that obvious?" Khun said. "Eh...sort of?"

There was a brief awkward silence.

"Are you going to tell them you like them?" I asked quietly. Khun slumped on the bed. "God, I don't know. I can't shake a small but massive feeling of anxiety that I'll ruin our relationship." He sighed. "He's so precious to me. I can't mess anything up with my unrequited love." He glanced at me, his cobalt eyes, usually so sharp and cold, full of emotion. "Aren't I a coward, Bam?"

"I would feel lucky," I whispered. "To be loved like that, how you said you loved someone. And if someone can't see that," I said fiercely," they don't deserve it." Khun looked at me, surprised. Honestly, I'm a little surprised I said that too. "I think you should tell him," I said.

"Goodnight, Khun," I said, going to turn the lights off.

"You're so dense, Bam."

I spun around. "What?"

Khun was looking at me, his face desperate. "You are the densest person I've ever met," he said, his voice shaking. "How can you not realize?" Confused, I asked, "Realize what?"

"That I'm in love with you," he whispered.

Remember what I said about being aware people like me? Yeah...I take that back.

——

Which idiot forgot to upload? *points at self* This idiot. So sorry to all of you!