Chapter One - Shining

-Bam POV-

It's been years after the last station, and we've finally woke Khun up. I can't believe I almost lost him. All because I wanted to take Rachel to the hidden floor. But I can't blame myself. What matters is that he's okay.

I'm outside on my room's balcony, looking up at the night sky. The artificial night sky with its artificial shining stars. Why does Rachel want to see the stars so much? Because they're beautiful? I don't think you can appreciate the beauty in something if you can't appreciate what you have. Even though stars are bright and shining, who says they last forever? Is everything else so much lesser than a fleeting show of beauty?

Am I? Was I so unimportant?

Rachel, you were always my shining star. The reason we don't fear the night sky is because of the soft twinkling stars shining in the void. What would I have been without you? But stars fade and dim. New stars are born and old stars die. There is only ever one brightest star. Rachel may have been my brightest star, but after she tried to kill Khun...to kill me...she's growing dimmer. But who is my bright star? Who is the person who shines, the light to my darkness, the brightest star in my night sky? Who?