Chapter Eight - Eliminated

-Bam POV-

There's no time to make a plan. I step out from my hiding place and head towards Lea. Khun smiled when he saw me, despite Lea having him in a chokehold with a knife to his throat. "You came," Khun said. "Of course I did. I wasn't going to ignore you if you were in trouble. You're my best friend." Lea swore. "How did you get here?" she demanded. Khun's lighthouse blinked into existence next to me. "The goddamned lighthouse. God, I'm stupid." Lea muttered. She pressed the knife to Khun's throat. "Don't come any closer, or he starts bleeding," she warned. "Why are you doing this?" I asked, trying to stall her while I tried to find a way to escape with Khun. "You're fugitives in the eyes of Jahad's army. You need to be eliminated. Unfortunately, the rankers can't deal with you themselves, so the loyal regulars from the ten families are going to pick you off, one by one. The only ones to be left alive are you and the princess. I wanted to kill this little piece of untrustworthy scum." Lea said. "It was the family's choice to cast me out anyway. Why should I defend them?" Khun replied. Despite the seriousness of the situation, I repressed the urge to smile at Khun's snark.

"Enough of this," Lea snarled. "Time to die, scum." Lea pressed the knife into his throat. A single drop of scarlet blood dripped down Khun's throat.

That's the last thing I remember before blacking out.

When I come to my senses, I'm standing over Lea's body. My hands are stained with blood, just like the blade of the knife I'm holding that I don't remember picking up. I immediately dropped the knife.

What just happened?

———

Sorry for no upload last week, I was away haha.