thirty four

THE SETUP

•••

Bethany sat on the opposite end of the couch with her brother as she and the other boys watched a film.

"Donna loved Hollywood Squares," Eric sighed as he stared at the television screen.

"Yeah, yeah, Eric we get it. Can we please just stop the Donna talk? God, I've heard about her so much lately that I feel like her and I are the ones going through a break up." Bethany said as she rubbed her temples, tired of the constant mention of her friends name.

"Forman, c'mon. Give it a rest will ya? So you're single now, that's a good thing," Hyde explained, "Now you're like me, free to be with lots of subpar, somewhat sleazy chicks,"

Bethany rolled her eyes and looked over at Hyde who sat smugly in his chair.

"It's Christmas, baby." He clapped his hands together and folded his arm as he sunk lower into the chair.

"Oh, you disguise your heart, Hyde, but I know you need love." Fez pointed over at his friend,

"Why's that?" Hyde asked,

"Cause I need it." Fez answered sadly.

"Awe, Fezzie, you'll find love. You're a total babe," Beth smiled as she patted his chest.

"Thank you, Baby. You will find a nice man too. And if you don't, I'm always available." Fez smiled kissing the girl on her forehead.

Hyde scoffed and pushed himself out of his chair, "Alright, I'm going to work before you two start braiding each other's hair."

Bethany rolled her eyes and watched him walk to the door. Before it closed behind him, he mouthed see you later.

"You know what? I wish for once Hyde would fall in love, you know? So we could make fun of him." Eric said as the door closed, "We'd be all, Hey, everyone..." he started making hand gestures trying to come up with an insult, "Hyde's in love," he laughed maniacally.

"Wow, smokin hot burn, Eric," Bethany shook her head.

"Oh, I know. Let's get Hyde a woman!" Fez jumped up from the couch.

Beth's face flushed and she took her lower lip between her teeth, "We really don't have to do that. It's Hyde, he'll find a woman."

"We can have a let's-get-Hyde-a-woman party," Fez continued, ignoring Beth's concerns, "And we can have food, and music, and uh..."

"Women?" Eric added,

"That's it," Fez nodded.

Baby shook her head and stood up from the couch with her arms crossed, "Hyde'll hate that,"

"Trust me, no guy is gonna turn down a party of food, chicks, and good music." Eric said, "Hey, Beth, why don't you pick the tunes. You know what he's into,"