sixty four

THE BABY

•••

Bethany sat in the middle of her sofa, leaning her tired head on her husband's shoulder while she watched Jackie coo at the baby in the lounge chair. It had been over a month since they returned home from the hospital with Scarlett and the blonde was thankful that the fussing hadn't begun.

"She is so sweet," Donna whispered over Jackie's shoulder as she looked down at the sleeping infant.

"Yeah, she's sweet now until she starts screaming her head off in the middle of the night." Hyde said lifting up his glasses to rub the sleep from his eyes.

Beth lifted her chin up from his shoulder and furrowed her brows, "It's not like you're the one checking on her."

"It still wakes me up." He said making her eyes roll.

"Still getting used to the new schedule?" Donna chuckled.

"Mhm," Bethany hummed closing her eyes and leaning her head on Fez's shoulder next to her.

Jackie studied the sleeping babe and brushed her finger over her tiny ears, "When are you thinking about piercing her ears?"

"Uh, it's not really a top priority at the moment." Hyde answered with disproving face.

"I don't know, Jackie, I might wait until her skull fuses together then I'll consider it." Beth's eyes remained shut as she spoke.

"Alright, I'm putting her back to bed." Hyde got up from his spot and carefully took the baby from Jackie,

"Hey," Eric complained, "I wanted to hold her."

"You'll get your turn again, don't worry." Beth promised while she blinked her eyes open.

"I better. I'm not leaving until I do." Eric spoke seriously.

"Guys, yesterday at the salon I gave a shampoo to Tina Simpson and you know what? She has a lumpy head." Fez told the group. Ever since he started at the salon he kept the group up to date on all the town gossip. He and Baby had a standing date night every Thursday after he was done work so she could stay in the loop.

"Ah gross," Kelso scrunched his nose, sitting backwards on one of the dining table chairs, "If I had known that I would've felt around a little more up there."

They turned their heads to Kelso and he proceeded to give his reasoning, "I mean it's gross but you've got to feel it, right?"

Steven rejoined them on the sofa, putting his arm over Baby's shoulder.

"Totally..." Baby made a face while leaning into Steven's side, "Okay, guys maybe you can settle an argument for us."

"Here we go," Hyde sighed.