twelve

THE SKI TRIP

Point Place, Wisconsin January 13th, 1977Thursday AfternoonLocation: The Forman's basement

January 13th, 1977
Thursday Afternoon
Location: The Forman's basement

•••

"Alright this is no sweat. If we leave right after school we should make it to Jackie's ski cabin by, like, six." Eric said holding up the map to show Fez and Hyde.

"Man, I can't wait; a trip to my favourite place," Bethany said looking up from her school work,

"Anywhere but here." She grinned.

Over the past few weeks Baby has been occupying herself more and more with homework and working at The Hub. She had been working herself overtime to scrape in cash so that she doesn't have to stick around any longer.

All that was on her mind lately was getting out of Point Place. She spent a lot of her free time at the library flipping through travel books and charting out her adventures.

Most of this was to distract her from Steven, who weaselled his way into her brain whenever it wasn't occupied by other things.

"And I'm betting that Alpine Valley will give this kid a lot of make out opportunities with Donna this weekend. This kid is in," Eric said as he sat on the couch next to his twin.

"What's with the whole "kid" thing?" Hyde asked.

"It's cool," Eric said receiving a head shake from his sister,

"It's not cool?" He asked looking around for back up.

"Not cool. Dorky," Fez shook his head.

Kelso came strutting into the basement,

"Guess who made out with Pam Macy behind the gym?" He asked with a smug look on his face.

"Everyone?" Hyde chucked.

"No! Me!" Kelso exclaimed, pointing to himself.

"You idiot," Baby groaned smacking him.

"Hey! What did I do?" He rubbed his arm looking around confused.

"Kelso, a lot of people hang out behind the gym," Eric said.

"Yeah that's what's so great about it, everybody saw it!" Michael grinned.

"Oh, that's great, man now everybody can tell Jackie, you moron." Hyde snapped as he rolled his eyes.

"Then she's gonna dump you and we won't be able to go to her ski cabin," Bethany complained.

"She's never gonna find out," Kelso brushed off.

Almost on cue, Jackie bursted through the basement door,

"You're a dog, Michael, a dirty dirty dog!" Jackie shouted, waving her finger at him.

"What'd I do?" He asked cluelessly.