sixteen

THE PUNK CHICK

•••

Bethany stood behind the counter at The Hub while Hyde sat the table reading through the paper, and Fez used the payphone.

"Hello, House of Chicken?" Fez asked, "How big are your wings?" He chuckled.

"Breasts!" Hyde corrected, Beth rolled her eyes at the pair.

"Oh! How big are your breasts?" Fez smirked, "I'm Fez, who is this?" Hyde quickly got up and grabbed the phone from Fez and hung it back on the hook.

"My first prank call!" Fez smiled proudly, "Wow every night with you two is an adventure."

"Yeah, Fez it's a real roller coaster, ain't it?" Hyde said looking at the paper.

"Painting the water tower was quite the roller coaster," Baby sighed recalling back to when Jackie had accused her and Hyde for Michael falling off the top of the water tower.

"Hyde, how come you don't have a girlfriend? Is it because Baby won't date you?"

"Fez!" Bethany's eyes went wide.

The door swung open, a leather clad woman bursts through the door. She strided over to the three of them, and Baby suddenly felt a judgement for being dressed in a plaid skirt and knitted sweater.

"Hey you! Is there a motel in this puke-hole?" The stranger asked Hyde.

"There's a Sleepy Time Lodge three puke-holes over," Hyde responded.

"Thanks. I'm Chrissy." The girl smirked.

Baby noticed the way Hyde was checking out the new girl and it made her nose scrunch up.

"I'm Hyde,"

"Who cares?" Chrissy said coolly, "You wanna hop on my Vespa and show me where it is?"

The three of them leaned forward to look out the window and see the blue Vespa. Hyde looked over at Chrissy, "Mother of God, I think I love you."

"Steven!" Baby whispered with wide eyes, they didn't even know this girl but Baby could tell she meant trouble.

"Love is an outdated concept used by industries to keep women subservient." Chrissy explained.

"I'm all for conspiracies and feminism but I think that's a bit extreme." Beth said looking over at Fez.

"Mother of God, I do love you!" Hyde said in awe.