fifty seven

THE RIGHT THING

•••

"Laverne is so annoying. Why does Shirley keep putting up with her crap?" Jackie complained from the couch as the teens watched television in the basement.

"She has to. They're in love." Kelso answered from beside her.

"Again, Kelso, Laverne and Shirley are not lesbians." Baby said from the lawn chair, rubbing her rounding belly.

"Trust me they're one bottle of wine away from making out." Kelso told the girls looking between them, "Just like you two."

The girls rolled their eyes and Baby smacked Kelso on the thigh.

"Kelso, don't you have something more important to talk about right now?" Hyde said from his chair, referring to the bomb Brooke had dropped the night before.

"If you've got a topic more important than girl-on-girl action, I'd like to hear it." Kelso sat up,

"Maybe we can talk about the fact that Brooke's got your feeble-minded bun in her oven." Hyde spoke seriously.

"Look, she can't be pregnant. It just can't be true." Michael said, unbelieving.

"Michael, I can tell you from experience, this is not something that girls just lie about." Baby said, pointing to her belly that was beginning to show.

"Yeah, and I would know. I'm an expert on girl lies." Jackie said.

Baby nodded, "It's true. She's really good. But you know you're gonna have to do something about this, Kelso."

"No, but doing something is not in my nature. Ignore, avoid, runaway — these words have been very good to me."

"You're horrible." Baby shook her head,

"Pig." Jackie scoffed as she turned her attention back to the TV.

"Look, you girls have no idea what I'm going through. You can have all the sex you want and you don't have to worry about getting anyone pregnant." Kelso said, thinking he'd have the last word.

"Except ourselves!" The pregnant one spoke up.

"Yeah and she knows enough about that," Jackie pointed over at her.

"Steven and you are gonna have to have guy time and talk this thing out." Beth suggested which caused Steven's face to scrunch up,