"This is Bane."

Kif regains his composure. "Ah, yes. I've heard about you. Welcome."

Right after we introduce ourselves, Bertha returns to the shop saying she has an appointment with a customer. I don't forget to thank her for taking me here.

"What is this place?" I ask.

"The elf's lord kindly provide me with this area to build my own workshop." Kif answers.

Chief further explains. "Dwarves and gnomes leave the mountain to train under their master once they pass a test. Kif's craftsmanship is greatly appreciated by the elves because he has a flair for elegance, therefore they offer him to stay in Kirashira Village. People flock here to obtain his delicate works. Dwarves and gnomes are permitted to stay here if he accepts them as his apprentice and to leave once they completed their training. Well, there are those who asked to stay and continue learning from him."

Kif becomes embarrassed.

"They're only staying because Bertha has been taking good care of them."

Chief corrects him. "They respect you as their master. That is a good thing, Kif."

Seeing a grown dwarf with burly muscles blushes is adorable.

"What are you making?" I ask them.

Kif looks over at Chief for permission. Chief nods.

"Master Kinai requested to build a larger freezer unit because the harvest has been very abundant this season," Kif says.

Chief send me a glance.

Kif continues, "For that, the mana stones we need to build the freezer have are not enough. I send words to Chief if he could spare us some."

Mana stones are pure mana flowing in the air that has solidified into varying rough shapes and is identifiable by the colour of mana they are made from. They are different from gemstones which are empty vessels that can store a person's mana depending on their size and the spell. Gemstones are mostly made as an accessory later enchanted with defensive magic to protect the user whilst mages use them to store additional mana for emergency such as when they exhaust their mana during fights. Even drinking healing potions would not regain their stamina that quickly.

The mana stones lying on the table are dark blue; ice mana stones. Water mana stone is also blue and to differentiate between those two, the water stones are of a lighter shade.

"I will leave the two of you be."

Kif takes the mana stones and gathers the tools he needs then head towards a different door in the room that is connected to a large open space where he's assembling parts for the freezer unit.