Part 45

For about 10 minutes I've been pacing up and down, waiting for Kayden to come out of the bathroom. I'm going to do it; I have to do it. I can't forgive him again. I can't- My thoughts were cut off by the sound of the bathroom door unlocking. Kayden stepped out and walked into the kitchen, completely ignoring my presence as he went towards the sink.
"I'm breaking up with you." I let out, a sick feeling growing in my stomach. He stopped what he was doing and turned around, all of his attention now on me.
"What did you just say?"
"I'm breaking up with you." I repeated, his blue orbs turning darker. He smashed the glass he was holding in his hand, chucking it on the floor. I jumped a little.
"And why's that?" He asked, his tone low. He clenched his jaw as his fists tightened, the only sound I could hear was the sound of his breath through his nostrils.
"Because, you, I, because you're not good. I mean, you're bad. No, I mean-"
"I'm bad?" Kayden snarled. "How so, babygirl?"
"You got me kicked off the cheer team! You made me lose all my friends! And you're scary, and obsessive." I shouted, letting everything that I'd been keeping in out.
"I did it for you!" He yelled, pacing over to me. His 6 foot figure towered over me, scaring me more and more.
"No you didn't!" I retaliated, pushing him back from me. "You did it for yourself! You're so selfish! You're obsessed with me, and you isolated me from everyone just so you could have me!" He grabbed the top of my hoodie and pushed me against the wall.
"You're so stupid." He spat. "They didn't like you, they were fake. I did you a favour. Because I love you."
"You don't love me." After I said those words, I felt a sting on my face.
"How can you say that?" He roared, his face red from anger. "I'll do anything for you. I did everything for you."
"If you loved me, you wouldn't yell at me. You wouldn't hit me. You wouldn't force yourself on to me." I cried, not being able to hold the tears in anymore. Kayden suddenly let go of me.
"I'm leaving right now. When I come back, I want you to have calmed down."
"No, Kayden, you can't just leave every time I want to end it." He looked at the door and then to me.
"Watch me." He opened the door and then slammed it behind him, leaving me in a mess once again.

Repeating the question over and over again in my head, I finally had the answer I was looking for. Do I want to be his girlfriend? I grabbed my shoes and tied my hair up before going to Kyles. After about 10 minutes of walking, I managed to get to his house.
"Amy, are you okay? Come in."
"I really need your help." I said, walking into his house.
"Anything. What do you need?"
"I need you to call my dad. And then I need you to take me to Warren." I looked up at him pleadingly, hoping he would do this for me.
"I mean, of course I will, but may I ask why?" He pulled out his phone as we made our way into the living room.
"I'll tell you, but I need to do this first." I pulled out a piece of paper that I had in my back pocket.
"This is my dads number. I need you to call him and ask if he signed anything for my moms house." Kyle took the piece of paper and typed it into his phone, ringing it and pressing the speaker button. After a few rings, he picked up.
"Hello?" His voice fled through the phone. Kyle looked at me before speaking.
"Hi, is this Mr. Stevens?"
"Yes, why?"
"I don't mean to bother you, I just need to know if you signed anything for your ex wife's house?" There was a pause.
"No, I haven't. Is that all?"
"Yes, thank you sir." Kyle put the phone down and my heart sank.
"What does that mean?" He asked. I slowly breathed out.
"Kayden said that I had to move out of my house because my dad signed something saying that I had to leave. That's why I then moved in with Kayden." Kyle facial expression dropped.
"You don't think, he, you know, um." He looked at He floor then back up to me. "Let's go to Warren." I nodded my head, feeling empty inside.

The drive was silent, but we eventually pulled up to Warren's work. We knew where he worked because he works in the same place as Kayden as a mechanic. Or a mechanic in training.
"Can you see him?" Kyle asked, skimming his eyes around all the cars. I looked too and luckily, I caught a glimpse of his back.
"He's there." I said, Kyle spotting him and then walking up to him.
"Warren." He turned around, looking at me and then to Kyle.
"What are you doing here?" He asked, confused.
"We want to talk about Kayden." He rolled his eyes. "How good is he at fixing cars?" Warren turned around, now giving us all of his attention.
"There's not many good things I can say about that dickhead, but when it comes to cars, I've gotta give it to him." I furrowed my eyebrows, Warren catching onto my confusion.
"He can do anything to a car, he's good with his hands. I'm sure Amy can agree with that too?" He joked, but none of us laughed. Kyle turned to me and I nodded my head.
"Okay, thanks." Kyle said, walking back to the car.
"Whatever." Warren replied, going back to his work.

As soon as we got in the car, I broke down.
"I'm so sorry." Kyle whispered, pulling me into him.
"H-how?" I sniffed. "I can't even look at him."
"I know. And he's gonna pay for what he's done, but we need to think." He said. I opened my eyes and looked up at him.
"Think?"