Part 26

"Good morning." I smiled at my mom as I made myself a coffee. Kayden had slept over for the night but he is definitely not a morning person, which is why I left him in bed.
"Good morning, sweetie. Are you doing anything today?" She asked.
"I have nothing planed, why?"
"I was wondering if you wanted to go out for lunch today. Just me and you." She emphasised.
"Oh, yeah, ok. When do you want to go?"
"In an hour." Kayden was still asleep and I had to get ready, but my mom really wanted to go out and I couldn't say no.
"Ok, i'll go and get ready."

"Kayden wake up." I whispered as I climbed into bed to wake him up. He stirred a little but didn't wake up.
"Kayden." I said a little louder, shaking his shoulder.
"What?" He groaned as he finally woke up.
"You need to leave in like 45 minutes." I bluntly said, causing him to give me a confused face.
"Why?"
"Because my mom wants to take me for lunch." I climbed off the bed and walked over to my wardrobe.
"Can't I just come with?"
"Well I thought you were, but my mom emphasised that it was just going to be me and her."
"What the f-"
"Kayden." I warned. He shook his head and then rolled over, grabbing his phone.
"Ok, I'll leave in 45 minutes." I smiled and kissed him quickly, before going towards my mirror and starting my makeup.

My mom and I were now at a little restaurant, that I had never heard before, and we grabbed a table near the front of the restaurant.
"This is cute." I commented, my mum nodding her head in agreement. We had been given our drinks, and were now waiting for our lunch meals.
"So what made you want to go out for lunch? Not that I'm complaining." I laughed, abusing my mom to smile, but it quickly fading.
"I actually wanted to talk about something."
"What?" My mom has this tone that whenever she speaks in it, I know she's not joking.
"Kayden."
"Um, what about him?" I picked up my water and took a sip.
"I think you should break up." As soon as she said that, almost chocked on my water.
"What? Why?" I put my drink down as I stared at her in confusion.
"Amy, haven't you noticed he's been getting a bit obsessive over you?"
"Yeah but that's just like any relationship."
"You've lost friendships over him. It's barely you and me any more. He wanted you to quit your job-"
"How do you know that?" I never told her about that.
"Yana phoned home. She told me some things and then Dylan told me his experience with him."
"Why would they do that? Why did they phone you?" Before I could release any more questions, the waitress came over and gave us our food.
"One chicken soup?" She gave to my mom.
"One chicken salad?" She gave me my plate and I managed to keg out a thankyou at a normal tone.
"They are just worried about you. I think there's a side to him that you don't know about." I shook my head.
"Can we talk about something else?"
"Amy-"
"You're saying Kayden is what? Dangerous? You brought dad home! My dad who tried to-"
"I know and I'm sorry."

After about an hour of awkward conversation, we were now home and I decided to have a bath. As much as I didn't want to, the conversation my mom and I had kept replaying in my head. Was he bad for me? Should I let him go? I know he's obsessive but that just means he cares about me, right? Anyway, I have a shift at 6 so I can talk to Yana and Dylan then.

Finishing off my mascara, I was ready to go to my shift.
"I'm going to work now." I said to my mom as I walked out, not even looking at her. I didn't even wait fir a reply as I slammed the front door and got into the car. The roads were pretty clear so I was able to get to work on time.
"Amy!" Yana greeted as I grabbed my pad.
"Save it."
"What? What's up?" She asked.
"You know what's up. You phoned my mom without telling me? Talking to her about my boyfriend? I tell you things that I don't really want my mom to know. But what do you do? You just go and fucking tell her!" I tried to walk away but Yana held my arm and took me into the back room.
"Amy, I'm sorry if that was out of line but I'm just looking out for you! A guy telling you to quit your job doesn't sound like the best guy." She shrugged, trying to explain herself. "Whatever." I walked out of the room and went started to do my job. Yana finishes now so I won't have to deal with her but Dylan's shift starts soon, which means I'm going to have to face him.

About half an hour I yo my shift, I heard the door go, meaning either a customer has come in or a worker and unfortunately, it was Dylan.
"Hey Amy." He said as he walked past me to get his things.
"Dylan, can we talk after our shifts?" I asked, to which he nodded.

It was now 10pm, which me at everyone was finishing up. I said goodbye to the other waiters and waitresses and I saw Dylan waiting outside.
"Hey." He said, his face a little red from the cold. I shrugged my coat on as we walked to the bench that was outside the diner.
"Why did you phone my mom about Kayden?" I spat out, not being able to hold it in any longer.
"Oh, this is why you wanted to talk to me?" He asked as he put his fingers through his messy hair.
"Yes this is why I want to fucking talk yo you!"
"Ok, ok, calm down."
"Dylan, do not tell me to calm down!" I started to raise my voice. "Why did you and Yana call my mom?"
"Because Kayden is fucked up! He's not right! You shouldn't be with him and that's all that we said to your mom!" He yelled back.
"No he's not! He's fine and we're fine!"
"You don't understand Amy, you should be with someone who is good for you." I started to storm off when I felt Dylan grab my arm and pull me back, his lips landing on my lips. Before I could process what was fully going on, I pulled away.
"What the fuck?" I whispered, not managing anything else.
"Amy, just listen to m-"
"I need to go." I said, and ran to my car before he could say any more. I pulled out if the lot and saw Dylan just standing there, watching my movement. I don't know what just happened, but I can't tell if I liked it or not.