Part 48

It's finally the day. The day I've been dreading- The first day of normality. The weekend has passed, and now it's time for school, cheerleading and then work. As soon as Hannah and I sorted everything out, she told me that I was back in the cheer team, and that she wasn't going to accept no as an answer.
"Rise and shine sunshine." Yana joked as I stumbled into the kitchen.
"I feel so sick." I moaned, making husked a glass of water.
"Sick?" She asked.
"Yeah, as in like, I'm about to throw up."
"If you're trying to get out of school, it's not working." She joked as I rolled my eyes.
"Whatever, I'm going to get dressed." She nodded and I went into the bedroom, picking out a hoodie and some mom jeans. Yana has work today, so she said she could drive me in, which I was very grateful for. I packed my bags and then slipped my shoes on.
"You ready?" Yana asked.
"Ready as I'll ever be."

"I hope you feel better." Yana smiled as she pulled up out of the school. I saw Hannah, Becca and Lucy already waiting, which calmed my nerves a little.
"Thanks. And thanks for the ride. I'll see you later." I slid out of the car and then made my way to the girls. However, just walking up to the girls, I already felt the stares on me.
"Hey." Hannah smiled, half smiling.
"I'm okay. I feel like I'm gonna vomit though." We started walking to lesson, more and more people looking at me.
"Where's Kayden?" Someone shouted, laughing with his friends. Everyone probably knows about Kayden and now he's gone. However, they don't actually know he's in prison, they just think he got kicked out for something. Little do they know that he is the reason for the death of my mother.
"Just ignore them. They're just freshman anyway. They don't know shit." Becca added. I had History, so the girls walked me to my class and then walked to their own class. I made my way to my seat, feeling some sort of way as the last time I was in this class I was with Kayden.
"Can I sit here?" I looked up to see Kyle, a smile spreading on my face.
"Yeah." He sat in the desk as I grabbed my things out of my bag.
"How are you?"
"Not great. I've had so many stares and I also feel so sick."
"Do you want to go home?" I shook my head.
"Amy, I-" Kyle was cut off my the sound of the teachers voice.

"Girls, welcome back Amy. She had to leave for personal reasons, yet she's able to join again." Hannah informed. I'm glad she didn't say the real reason, but it still feels a little awkward that I'm back. It also reminds me of the last time I was doing cheerleading, and how I was Kaydens cheerleader.
"Okay, we're going to start with stretching." Everyone followed Hannah's instructions, me trying to keep up with everyone else. We then moved onto a routine, and Becca informed me that a match was coming up.
"She still gets stressed out?" I asked Lucy as she rolled her eyes.
"I don't even know why she dies. She knows we'll be fine." I laughed and then got back into position, ready to repeat the same routine over and over again.

Cheer has now finished, and I'm now walking to work. I'm glad to be back, but then again, it's going to be hard. The Diner is where I first met Kayden. But I guess I have to face it to move on.
"Amy!" Yana said as I entered the Diner. I smiled as I placed my bags down in the back.
"How was your first day?"
"It was alright. Cheer was good." I walked into the bathroom and got changed into my uniform, finally walking out to the front and meeting Yana again.
"The Diners dead, Lance isn't here. You know what that means." She winked.
"No work." I laughed, shaking my head.
"Amy?" A voice said, catching me by surprise.
"Dylan? You're working today?"
"Yeah I am." He pushed his hair back, flickering his eyes to Yana.
"Oh, I'll, uh, leave you guys to it." Yana smiled, leaving the area and into the actual restaurant.
"How are you?"
"I'm getting there." I said, looking to the ground. "Thanks for everything."
"Of course. I wanted to be there for you." He looked at the new customers making their way in and back to me.
"Meet me after your shift outside." Before I could reply, he walked off.

"I'll be one minute." Yana said to me, handing me the car keys. "I just need to finish up." I nodded my head and made my way outside, noticing Dylan leaning against the wall. He leant against the wall the same way Kayden did the first time we actually spoke.
"Hey."
"Hi, what did you want me for?" I asked. Dylan stepped closer and put his hand on my arm.
"I want to tell you something." He whispered, dampening his lips. I looked to the left.
"Dyl, I can't." He stopped moving his hand up my arm.
"Ive lost my mom. I've just lost my boyfriend. I need some time." He nodded his head and pulled away.
"Uh, yeah, of course. That was stupid of me." I was about to reply when I saw Yana making her way out.
"It's not wrong." I whispered. "Just too soon." I walked away and into Yana's car. Yana opened the door and took the keys off me.
"I'm so tired, are you tired?" I nodded my head as she pulled away. I started to feel sick again, so I everted my gaze out of the window. I don't know what's brought on this feeling, but I definitely don't like it.