Part 23

"Make sure you remember the homework!" Miss said as the students were leaving the classroom. Kayden and I just had history and now it's the end of the day, meaning that he has football practice while I have cheer. I didn't want to go today as I was really tired but I hadn't gone at all this week. We walked through the corridors and stopped outside the girls changing rooms.
"I'll see you after practice for a lift home." I stated, quickly kissing his lips.
"Am I just your driver now hm?" Kayden raised his eyebrow, leaning down to kiss me again. I suddenly pulled away went a heard a familiar voice scoff as she walked past. I looked at Kayden.
"Just ignore her." He said, pulling me into a hug. It's definitely weird not having Hannah around anymore, but because I'm with Kayden so much, I don't feel upset like I used to. Overall, she did invite me to that party.
"I'll see you later. I love you." Kayden smiled.
"I love you." I replied, making my way into the changing room.

"Oh, look who decided to turn up." Hannah snarled as I started getting changed.
"Um, I've been busy." I replied, not knowing what to say. She rolled her eyes and then clapped her hands together.
"Girls, when you're dressed come out to the field." She turned to my direction. "Unless you can't be bothered to turn up." Embarrassed, I kept my head down, following the other girls outside. I looked at Becca who gave me a slight sympathetic smile, which I appreciated greatly.

Practice was now over, and let me just say, I'm glad it is. The whole time was so boring and awkward, and if Hannah did speak to me, she would refer to me as 'you' or 'she'. I mean, I don't know why I'm getting so upset as it is my fault that we're no longer friends. Well, technically not my fault but that doesn't matter.  As the tension between us was so thick, I'm sure the other girls noticed it too. I started to change into my clothes as the other girls were leaving, me following behind not too long after.

As I was searching for Kayden in the parking lot, a voice I didn't want to hear stopped me in my tracks.
"Oh, um, Amy." I turned around to see Hannah right in front of me.
"Yeah?"
"You're off the team." She stated. I widened my eyes in shock and disbelief of what I just heard.
"Im what?"
"You haven't turned up in four days in a row! You're letting the team down, Amy." Her voice growing louder while she took a step closer to me.
"There's no rule about turning up Hannah!" I matched her tone. "And I was busy!" She rolled her eyes.
"I don't care, you're off." She screamed. "You're off! You're off! You're off!"
"You're such a fucking bitch Hannah! It's either your way or no way isn't it? That's selfish!" I screamed, my anger getting to the best of me. Hannah took a step closer and raised her hand which came in contact with my cheek. After a few seconds of my brain processing what had happened, I slapped her back, my body not engaging with my brain. I kept pushing her and pushing her whilst screaming 'I hate you' over and over again. This was until I felt someone pull me back, putting my arms behind me. A boy who I didn't recognise was holding Hannah back and I didn't know who was holding me until they whispered in my ear.
"Amy, relax. Babe." Kayden said in my ear, relaxing me slightly. I looked at Hannah who had tears streaming down her face as she walked off into a car. Kayden picked me up and walked to his car, placing me in the passenger seat. He ran to the other side and started to drive.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, Kayden spoke up.
"What was that about?" He asked softly. I didn't acknowledge the question, instead I just kept my gaze on my lap.
"Baby." He pushed. Still no reply. I heard him lightly sigh before suddenly turning the car and pulling up into a random spot.
"Amy, tell me what happened. I'm here for you ok?" As soon as these words left his lips, I suddenly melted down. Loud sobs came out of my mouth as Kayden put me onto his lap, my head resting in his shoulder.
"Beautiful, can you tell me why you're so upset?" He whispered, as if scared to anger me.
"H-Hannah kicked me o-off the team." I sniffled, the tears still rolling down my face. I felt his body tense and then un- tense.
"Did anything else happen before I got there?"
"She, she slapped me and then for some reason I just got really mad." I said whilst hiccuping, not sure if Kayden understood what I had said.
"She hit you first?" He questioned, the grip in my waist tightening a little. I nodded my head in his shoulder, not having the energy to speak. He started to stroke my hair as he whispered sweet nothings in my ear. After a while, my crying quietened down and I lifted my head off Kaydens shoulder, meeting his gaze. His finger stroked my cheek as he softly kissed my lips.
"Let's get you home."

It's a lot later now, and Kayden has now gone home. I told my mom what had happened, her telling me that she's here for me and that I shouldn't worry too much. Overall, I was just so confused. Yeah, I distanced myself from her but that's no reason to kick me off the fucking team. And it's not only that, I can't believe I hit her back. I let my anger get the best of me, and I've never done that before. Seeing my once best friend crying her eyes out in front of me was not nice to see either, and the ways she looked at Kayden when he was holding me back confused me too.