Part 30

It's been a week and it's been a fun but stressful week. Kayden and I have been meeting every chance we got. By this I mean that we had to meet on days where he didn't have practice, my mom wasn't home and when I didn't have work. Currently, Kayden and I are just on the bed at my house as my mom isn't in. She decided to go out for lunch with some work friends, so she walked into town.
"I wish your mom didn't hate me." He said randomly. I turned my phone and looked up at him on my bed.
"She doesn't hate you." I replied, not really knowing what to say.
"Yes she does. She loved me until, fucking, Dylan and Yana." I looked down in my lap and started playing with my hair.
"It doesn't matter, we're still dating anyway."
"Yeah but, what if I make her understand that I am good for her daughter?" He suggested, pulling my waist into him so I was now lying next to him.
"How?"
"Well, you know she's having car problems again?" I nodded. "I could fix them now so they're good for when she gets back."
"You'd do that?" Kayden sat up and pulled me onto his lap, facing each other.
"I would do anything for you. I don't want your mom affecting us." He came close to my face and then whispered in my ear. "I don't want you to have to choose between us." As I was about to reply, Kayden kissed me, as if to tell me not to speak.

"Can you get me a drink babe?" Kayden asked as he looked away from the car towards me. Kayden had been trying to fix the car for a good 10 minutes now, whilst I've just been sitting on the wall next to the car, watching him do all the work.
"Yeah, what do you want?"
"Water." I hopped off the wall and went into the kitchen to get him a water. As I was getting a glass, I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.
Mom: I'm on my way back now xx
I hope Kaydens almost ready.
Me: ok see you later x

"Baby, are you almost ready?" I asked as I brought him his water.
"I've finished now, why?" He gulped his drink down.
"My mom's on her way back now." Kayden nodded as he stepped away from the car, walking into my house.
"Should you stay or should you go?" I asked.
"I'll go." He replied quickly. "And don't tell her I've done it." He added. I looked at him in confusion as he put his glass away.
"Why not? I thought you doing this would help you get into her good books." I laughed, causing him to smile.
"Ok, well, if she brings it up then tell her, but I like the idea of it being a surprise." I nodded and then slid myself up onto the counter. Kayden stood in front of me and out my kegs around his waist.
"You cute." He complimented, kissing my nose.
"You cuter." I replied, kissing his lips quickly. As soon as I pulled away he pulled me back, his hands going to my back to bring me closer to him.
"So. Fucking. Lucky." He eventually finished kissing me and I hopped off of the counter, walking Kayden out of the house.
"I'll see you on Monday." I smiled, him agreeing and leaving.

It's a bit later now and I'm now leaving for my shift. I said goodbye to my mom and hopped in the car, turning the radio up and drove off to the diner.
"Hey Yana." I said as I was getting my notepad and pen.
"Hey darling." She replied before rushing off again. Today the diner was unusually busy, meaning that I'm probably not going to get a very good break today.

As I was jumping from table to table until I saw a table that I hadn't served. I made my way over and as I did, I felt a lump in my throat rising. Even though I didn't want to serve these people, my feet carried me to their table.
"Uh, Hi, what can I get you?" I asked, avoiding eye contact.
"Can I have a hamburger with a coke please." Lucy asked, timidly smiling firm what I could see.
"Can I have a bbq chicken pizza with a water please." Becca asked.
"I'll have a chicken salad with a coke." Hannah said. I wrote down their orders on my notepad and then left, practically running to Yana.
"Yana can you please do table 14. Please." I begged, causing her to look over. She realised straight away and nodded her head.

It was finally time to pack up and as I was cleaning the tables, I saw a note on table 14. I picked it up and read it.
I miss you. H.
I slid it in my pocket as I felt the similar lump in my throat again that I had felt earlier. To be honest, I really miss her, but I can't let Kayden know that.