"What did she say?" I stopped her before we re entered her apartment.

"Don't worry about it," she looked down at the ground.

"Please tell me," I pleaded with her.

"She said she thinks I just love you for the fame, and one day you'll leave me. Then she said she could take you from me if she tried hard enough."

She couldn't possibly have believed any of that shit that girl was trying to feed her. She was trying to get in her head, and I resented her for planting these ideas in her mind.

"I hope you don't think any of that is true! I know you love me for me, and I'll never leave you Jen. As for her taking me from you, I would rather get f*cked by a horse than touch that girl!"

She began to laugh, and I much preferred her in this mood than upset over Bella. I wanted to remember her smile before I left tonight, not her tears for two people who didn't deserve them.

"You're an idiot," she shook her and finally looked up at me.

"I'm your idiot," I pulled her into me and kissed her forehead. I'd be her idiot for the rest of my life if she allowed me to be.

"Okay let's just forget the last twenty minutes happened and just enjoy however long I have left with you!" she pulled on my hand and lead us back inside and I flinched.

"Does your hand hurt?" She looked at my swollen knuckles.

"A little, but it was worth it!" I would take swollen knuckles every day of the week if it was to defend my girl. No one would talk about her like that, and think it would be okay with me.

"Sam could you please wrap some ice in cloth for me?" She asked her sister and she forced me down onto the couch next to Mason, who also had an ice cloth around his hand.

"Why do you have that around your hand?" She asked him surprised, and he started laughing, which in turn made me laugh remembering the whole scene.

"I may have punched him," he answered her.

"You what? Is that what your comment about applying ice to Bella was about before?"

"Yeah, he was being a d*ck and winding Harry up so I saved him a bruised hand and did it myself. Plus considering the months of torture I'm sure he went through when he thought we were hooking up, I figured I owed him one."

"Thanks mate, trust me you don't owe me anything, I'm just an expert at jumping to my own conclusions." Mason was a good guy, I wasted too much time on hating him for something he wasn't even doing. He had obviously been a really good friend to Jen, and now a good friend to me too, so I knew Jen having him in her life was a good thing.

"Are you two done now? What were you both thinking getting into fights with him? He could have retaliated and hurt the both of you!" She had her hands on her hips, looking from me to him with a displeased look on her face.

Sam handed me the ice cloth and I wrapped it around myself, flinching at the coldness. I'm not one to get into fist fights, I can't even remember the last time I even punched someone, but this guy deserved it.

"He deserved it, can we just leave it at that?" I asked her. I didn't want to go into detail about all the things he had said about her, she didn't need to know how disgusting this human being was.

"But..."

"Jen, leave it!" I said sternly, and I think she got the idea that neither of us were going to talk about it.

"Fine, I'm going to have a quick shower, stay and get to know Mason!" She pointed her finger at me before disappearing into the bedroom.

"She doesn't need to know what he was saying about her, I don't want to upset her! She's already upset over Bella and the fact that I'm leaving, she doesn't need another thing added to her list," I told them all as soon as I heard the bathroom door close and shower turn on.

Something Greater (Something Great 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara