Chapter 68

Harry's POV

I couldn't wait to get back to my own bed, my own home, and the familiarity and comfort those four walls brought me.

Jen was already fussing over me, making sure I was comfortable and in as little pain as possible. I was going to hate these next six weeks. Being with her was my favourite way to spend my time, but her looking after me would make me feel helpless.

I was the one that was meant to be taking care of her, making sure she was comfortable during her final stage of pregnancy, not the other way around. Maybe it was a male ego type thing, but I was meant to be her protector, not her mine.

I watched her from the bed, getting herself ready in the bathroom. It still took my breath away every time I looked at her growing stomach. In a few months I would have another person taking her attention from me, maybe her fussing over me for now wasn't such a bad thing then.

I reached down to put my shoes on, and cried out in pain. I hated being weak, and I hated showing I was in pain, but these ribs were the most painful thing I had ever experienced.

"Harry stop," Jen ran over and pushed me upright.

"You know you can't bend, why would you even try? Don't try and push yourself when you know you're not ready!" She scolded me like I was a misbehaving child. It was cute, and it told me she was going to be a great mum.

"Why are you smiling?" She looked at me confused.

"You're so bossy, it's kind of hot."

"You think everything I do is kind of hot. I'm serious Harry, you're not invincible. The more you push yourself the longer the recovery is going to be. That's why I'm here, to help you," she took my boot from my hand, and knelt down to put it on my foot.

"Everything you do is kind of hot though," I tried not to laugh, because I knew she was about to give me a look to kill.

Staying true to her form, she glared up at me, "Seriously? That's all you got from that?"

"I have a hot girlfriend, how's it my fault? Blame your parents for making you," I joked, but she wasn't laughing.

"Can you be serious for five minutes please!" She stood up, towering over me with her hands sat on her hips.

"You almost died, you're here now and I intend to keep you that way. If you keep pushing yourself you're going to make the injury worse, God forbid you cause yourself to have internal bleeding or something, this is serious...I'm serious!"

Her eyes glassed over with fresh tears, and I knew it would take a while for her to get over what happened. Not that I expected her to get over it, I never would, but it was probably too early to be trying to push it under the rug.

"You're right, I'm sorry," I stood up and pulled her into me. I had to tread lightly with her, I knew this situation wasn't something to joke about, plus I remembered what Angus had told me about her emotional state lately.

"Come on we have to leave now if we're going to get to the airport on time," she pulled away, giving my shirt a disapproving glare.

"Why do you insist on wearing such ugly shirts?" She scrunched her face up at my new shirt.

"This was a gift, I quite like it. What's wrong with it?"

"Everything! It's a coral mess, the zig zag pattern is too much. This another one of those designer shirts you're forced to wear?"

"It's Louis Vuitton, how can you disrespect it like that? Baby, people see me wearing the shirt, they go out and buy it. Don't hate, appreciate, I like this one, it's not even in stores yet."