Chapter 74

Harry's POV

Hearing how unconvinced and uncertain Jen was about her impending motherhood broke my heart a little. I knew what an incredible person she was, and hearing her doubt herself hurt me a little.

I just wished she could see herself through my eyes, because to me she was the pinnacle of what was good in the world. I hadn't always been the best boyfriend to her, I had a shit track record, but she still loved me regardless.

She'd forgiven me for things most people would have turned their back on and never looked back, and loved me unconditionally. To me she was perfect, my own modern day Audrey Hepburn- a women with class, elegance, a face of pure innocence, and the brown eyed, red lip style that captivated me from the beginning.

Apart from her obvious beauty, she was nurturing, gentle, but also firm with me. That's what I loved about her, she didn't dismiss my poor behaviour, she called me out on it. Since my celebrity status was thrusted upon me, it was rare to have a girl be completely honest with me, always just telling me what I wanted to hear, and never what I should hear.

Not Jen though, she was always honest, and was never careful of what she said. I always knew she was my one, my person, my better half. She fit with me perfectly, like no one else ever had.

To hear her even doubt her ability to do anything hit me hard. I didn't know what to say or do to make her believe in herself as much as I believed in her. This was our first child, I didn't know how to handle the whole situation.

My father was in England, he'd met Jen a handful of times, but not nearly enough to know her like I did. He didn't know her personality, our history, her little habits and quirks, not as well as me and the one other man who did- her dad.

Maybe Ryan could help me through this, give me some advice on how to handle her doubtful mind. I myself wasn't convinced in my own parenting skills, so I was hoping talking to him would be helpful in preparing myself.

I looked over at Jen as we walked up her parents driveway, she looked better than what she did in the class, but I knew her long enough to know how much built up anxiety there was swimming behind her brave eyes.

"I hope your mum can convince you of what I already know," I rubbed her back as we approached the door.

"Maybe, we'll see," she shrugged, leaning her head into my chest again while ringing the door bell.

"What do you want to talk to dad about anyway?" She asked me.

"Just some guy stuff, see if he wants to go to a football game tomorrow night," I lied. I didn't want her to know I was having the same doubts she was, I didn't want to stress her out more than she already was.

"Hey you two," Lauren opened the door, letting us both into the house.

"Hi mum," Jen hugged her first, then Lauren bent down to kiss her stomach like she always did when she greeted us.

"There's my favourite rockstar," she hugged me next.

"Don't let Calum hear you say that," I laughed at her biased compliment.

"I have no idea what's even happening with my daughter and him anymore. She never visits and she never returns my calls, are they still together?" She lead us further into the house.

"Last I heard they were," Jen answered.

"Is Ryan home?" I stopped at the stairs, hoping he was up in his office or something, because he wasn't around this floor of the house.

"Yeah he's up in his office sweetheart, you know which door it is?"

"I'll find it," I told her and left them to walk into the kitchen as I made my way up stairs to his office.