Maidens and not maidens

-Okay.... I love you Emerald, I'll hurry back. I'll do the job well and will take care of the others... please wait for me, I'll be back in a few days....

With that, he stood up and running could be heard down the corridors, then silence again. Only a whisper was the last silent thing before the painful screams and whimpers started all over again.

-I love you too, Mercury....

****

Days had passed away with pain and suffer, Emerald was through it and it didn't kill her. She was alive.

After the pain had mostly gone away someone came to her room and knocked on it, the girl was half asleep but the knocking woke her up immediately.

Knock knock.

-Mercury...?

A soft sigh was heard, it wasn't Mercury. The voice was deeper and to familiar to be mistaken with any other male here.

Hazel.

-Sorry, kid. I have to disappoint you in this case, he is back at the academy.

-Oh... alright.

Just how it had to be - she thought

-Can I .... come in?

-Of course.

The girl struggled a bit to sit up, her body was still a bit numb after all the shock and pain it had to take in. When the male stepped in, he looked at her up and down and for a second some kind of disgust was on his face, or rather shock as he saw her bruises and the still black veins and so he spoke.

-... what had they done to you again...?

Emerald looked away, she never liked to have others attention or anyone to be sorry for her. She chose this and if she had to blame anyone then it was herself.

-Grimm DNA... I'm not sure it worked. I'm not a monster but I'm not feeling like anything else has changed.

Hazel nodded, she felt his gaze scanning her up and down. He was very caring, always looked after her and Mercury even if it should've been Cinder's job who had done nothing for them.

-Are you ready to go?

She nodded.

-Can you get up... or should I help you?

-I will do fine.

She said but even she wasn't sure about this. She very slowly stood up, having the wall as support for her then just sighed a bit as she felt her legs shaking like crazy. Hazel didn't need anything else to act, he gently stepped closer not to scare her with his big appearance then slowly lifted her up, carrying her to the throne room.

-Don't worry, I'm gonna look after you, kid.

-Thanks Hazel....

She felt really grateful at the moment, so far as she knew the male had been helping her out but she always just got upset at him, thinking that they just look down at her and help her because she couldn't done it herself. But it was different. And she was absolutely grateful and was angry now only at herself for not seeing this before thanks to Cinder.

As they arrived in front of the throne room Hazel carefully placed her down onto the ground, she smiled up weakly at him.

-Thanks.

-No problem. The door is open, milady.

He said with a smile as opened the door for her and they stepped in. Salem was already waiting for them. The thief was shocked as she saw the expression on the Grace's face. She was.... worried. Of course not about the girl, but rather the power and the creature in her that she might've created well. Or maybe not.

She rushed up to the two new arrivals, laying two hands onto her face and lifting her chin up. She scanned through her and from worrying a new emotion took the rule over. Disappointment.

The scorpion Faunus felt this and carefully walked up to them, scanning the Queen from behind to see any new emotions or her, maybe anger or hatred, but none. The woman let out a sigh and spoke with her usual cold tone, cupping Emerald's cheeks a bit tighter before pushing her away a bit, yet she had to give her best not to lose her balance thanks to the weakness.

-It didn't work, it was a failure. You've disappointed me, child... -Tyrian smirked wildly at that- but you have another chance to prove to me that you are not that bad after all.

Tyrian had lost interest now, and Emerald opened her mouth to speak, quietly and as politely as she could ever be.

-And what is the other chance, ma'am? If I may ask.

She grinned a bit.

-I'm sure you're curious, child. Don't feel bad because of that. Being curious is okay, since the thing you can try out is not just given to anyone. -short pause- I guess you've heard about the maidens and have already fought one with Cinder, haven't you?

She nodded.  -Yes I have, ma'am.

-We found another maiden.

The thief felt her stomach beginning to hurt more and more now. Did it mean that Cinder was going to get another maiden's power? How were they supposed to win then?

-And you get the glory, to be the one to get the power. It's probably going to work better than the Grimm procedure since it was done way more times in the past with success. Hopefully your body will be able to take this in, or else you'll die and we will just give the power to Cinder.

Emerald was shocked and stayed silent for a few seconds, the woman allowing it, giving her time to take this all in yet again.

-But why not Cinder? How comes not she's the one who gets it too?

-The question is of course reasonable since the real plan was just like this. But Cinder would have too much power then, and neither of us wants anyone to one day just rebel, do we now? And don't you want to prove your boss that you're worthy for the great power of a maiden? Don't you want to fight by her side?
So what do you say, child?

Emerald held back a laughter. They exactly knew what they had to say for her to accept this but she has changed. Back then she would've done anything for Cinder even could've got herself killed so many times just to prove she's enough and get a little bit of attention. Of course things were different now, but there were a few problems; first of all, the question about accepting was just a way of being nice, she had to say yes anyways. Second of all; they shouldn't know about how she changed and how these question and proving doesn't affect her anymore. Third of all; she needed that power. The power could've helped her and the whole academy with this.

-Fine, I'll accept to be the next maiden.