Protect and pretend

Emerald swung with her weapon and fell back with a growl as the powerful hit didn't even seem to hurt the kymera at all, the lion part of it let out a loud roar as the other half let out flames and the snake back part just made it's noise. Neptune stepped back a bit.

-Uhm is this even meant to be here?

-Well it's here so shut your mouth and don't be in the way!

The Griffon walked closer and she quickly disappeared before appearing right behind it and swung one hard into it's neck, it sent her back onto the ground and she felt someone helping her up.

-Didn't I say try not to die, dear?~

-Oh shush yourself you idiot~

They both smirked at each other as Mercury helped her up and blocked an attack from the Kymera, looking at Neptune.

-Who is he?

-Hi, I'm Neptune!

-Gah.. I'll tell later.

Emerald said and quickly blocked an attack as well and stepped back next to Mercury, feeling tat something is behind her and she swung quickly but a hand stopped her by her wrist as her eyes widened and Yatsu laughed.

-How many times do you wanna kill me, dear?~

-How many times do you wanna appear behind me and make me attack you?!

Yatsu smirked a bit as he lifted up his large blade and blocked an attack behind him as still held her wrist then let go.

-Well glad power is on my side not on yours otherwise I would be dead~

-Gah..

-Great he is here too...?

Mercury growled as stood next to Emerald,pulling her next to himself to whisper while all of them still kept protecting themselves from the creatures. 

-Emerald we're here four now, Cinder told us not to do anything like this otherwise we bring attention to ourselves...!

-Goddamn I know but we can't just run away OR let them die here..!

-I wish we could to be honest...

-So do I Merc, so do I.

They all were sent back into the middle next to each other as their shoulders touched and Yatsu was kinda smiling, Neptune was focused as he asked and slightly wounded, Yatsu was starting to get tired as well which made Emerald kinda worry and tried to protect them before it got any worse.

-So what's the plan?

-Stay down and don't goddamn die.

Emerald said as she disappeared and appeared behind the Griffon, cutting off it' wing as it let out a loud roar, Mercury shot into it's face then grabbed the thief as she wrapped the chains of her weapon around the creature's neck and first swung it into the other Kymera before Yatsu held her waist and smirked.

-Let me help, miss~

The boy pulled the girl back very powerfully and quickly which made the chains tighten and cut it's neck which made it disappear into ashes, the other one got up and Emerald got back her weapon.

-Stay down.

-But Emmy!

Mercury tried to grab her hand and pull her back as knew the creature had so many sides and could've kill her easily. She nodded softly at him with a smile.

-Don't worry, just keep them safe.

Yatsu and Neptune moved a bit but she just shook her head, leaning closer to Mercury to whisper safely.

-You know we killed so many of them before on the training.

-Yeah but it was different Emerald! We killed them mostly together!

-No worries, I will do it just don't let anyone close.

He nodded as he knew he couldn't stop her, she ran against it and the guys started to go after but Mercury stopped them.

-Don't, you will just get into her way.

They nodded and just watched as Emerald appeared behind it and attacked it's snake side then dodging a bite from the lion head, quickly turning around and swinging her weapons to cut them all over, the lion was now weaker so she could focus on the other side which had large thorns and attacked Emerald right away, shooting her back and wounding her a bit. The boys could hardly stay back now and Mercury was worried as well, cheered for the thief silently. Emerald jumped back from her high heels which stopped her from falling further and cut off it's thorns but as she attacked it she dodged quick from the lion and forgot about the third side. The snake let it's teeth into her, poisoning the venom into her veins which made her scream a bit, Ozpin and Lynda were concerned as watched from behind the screen and the two boys were about to run there as there were a moment when everything just seemed to stop.

-No. Don't. Get. Into. The. Way.

She said as she grabbed the teeth, a bit of blood dripping out of her mouth and with a smirk she looked down and cut out it's tooth.

-Goddamn, you almost got blood onto my outfit.~ Now regret it~

The thief smirked as got the tooth out of her skin, stepping one back as started spinning around faster and faster and started to swing her weapon as she attacked the creature and it quickly faded away, she started walking away.

-Let's go.

-Wow.... she's ...

-Amazing. Since when do you know her Mercury?

-A few years ago, she's too badass.

As they saw her walking away Neptune quickly walked after her and grabbed her arm to stop and turn her back as the other two caught up.

-Em your wound plus, your're poisoned!!

-Uhm, oh that? It's healed and I'm immune so let's go.

She started walking and both of them looked at Mercury who just shrugged and kept walking.

-She is like that, can't help it so don't die otherwise she wasted time on saving you now.

Yatsu shrugged as Neptune looked at him and they followed the two criminal out of the forest with not much problem after, they could get out quickly and they got back into the academy and separated as they waited for the teachers to tell what team they ended up in, Cinder was busy hacking the program as Emerald and Mercury walked up to her and Neo who hugged them both with a happy bright smile.