Chapter 11

*Izzy's POV *

I didn't know what time it was when I finally opened my eyes, but when I did I heard,

"Hey dol, you had enough sleep? " it was Dally.

"Hey dal," I croaked out

"You feeling better?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied a bit stronger now.

"Thanks for what you did yesterday, Dal,"

"No problem dol, I'm just glad you're alive,"

I felt my stomach turn to jelly.

"How long have I been out?"

"6 hours,"

"6 hours!" I replied

"Yeah it's 2 in the afternoon, Soda and Steve had to go to work so did Darry, Two-bits crashed over there," I looked to where Dally had pointed, and sure enough Two was lying on the floor, out cold.

"Ponyboy and Johnny are at school," Dally finished his sentence and I tried to sit up.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you, Izzy,"

"Why not, Dallas?" I challenged his comment while trying to ignore the pain.

"You might rip your stitches,"

"Oh right," I said dumbly, and I laid back down.

"So what do we do?" I asked.

"More like what can you do, dol" Dally grinned.

"Oh right, I'm hungry, is there any food?"

"Yeah Soda said there was some chocolate cake,"

"Perfect," I smiled back as Dally. He got up and went to the kitchen to get the cake. Before Dally got back Two-Bit woke up.

"Hey, Keith," He looked over at me and jumped up.

"Izzy! Your up. How are you? You sore? And don't call me Keith!" He frantically went on at me.

"Yeah, I'm ok, definitely sore though,"

I said, and Dally walked back into the room with the cake.

"Hey, Two," he said.

Two just looked and him then went back to talking to me. What happened last night while I blackout? I wondered. I reassured Two that I was ok, he asked if I would be ok here with Dally because he needed to go down to the store.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," I answered, then Two left, leaving Dally and me alone. We ate the chocolate cake he got from the kitchen and watched some Mickey Mouse on TV. I asked Dally if he wouldn't mind helping me up?

"Sure dol," he said. He slipped one arm under my back and the other behind my knees, lifting me up then gently placing me on the sofa so I could sit. I ignored the slight wave of pain that had just rolled across my body, patting the space next time me, and he sat down. He placed his arm around my shoulders and I didn't resist. He pulled me closer, I rested my head against him as we watch Mickey Mouse.