Chapter 41- Deals With The Devil

Deals With The Devil
Arieon's POV

Deals With The DevilArieon's POV

Did he really just say that. I scanned his face over. His expression was set in stone, but his eyes were pleading.

"What do you even mean? You already told me what you said." I reminded him. It's either Luca was just trying to get me to sit with him and play along with the marriage act, or he had lied about everything he had said. Then again why would he lie.

"Stay and find out or, leave and never know." He whispered, and it seemed as though he could hear my thoughts, I hated when he did that. I adjusted myself in my seat, fine I'll hear what he has to say then leave.

"You just have to win this game or the next game." He added.

"No problem." I sneered back at him.

"Blackjack. Not just beating the dealer's face value." He clarified with a smirk on his face. Oh I could slap that stupid face. I looked away from him.

"No problem." I repeated, clearing my throat because my voice cracked, as I said it. He chuckled before turning his attention to the new round. I smacked four thousand worth of chips on the betting circle and Luca put ten grand. Oh he was so sure he'd win.

I wanted to win now that I thought about it. If he was lying then what did he say to Moriz. If I can recall the conversation, it was soft, they both were all smiles and the way Luca had looked at me he couldn't have said those things right. My chest tightened, as I thought of our argument that night.

I rolled my eyes.

This game went by fast and I didn't get BlackJack, which meant that I had one more chance. I can't lose this. I need to know what Rivera was keeping a secret. Maybe he'll still tell me if I lost. Yeah right.

I looked at the dealer, and a few seconds after he made eye contact with me. I winked to him and bit my bottom lip. I'd hope he'd get the memo. He didn't do anything, and looked away to continue doing his job.

I collected whatever chips I had to for the last game and I watched, as he started to shuffle the cards in his hand. He started to deal and I couldn't be bothered with what the other players got. He placed a three in front of me, I was about to be so mad at this guy. I needed to win this game! I need to know there was a reason he lied. It couldn't be anything other than that he had lied that night about what he said.

He shared cards once more and I got a seven. I was about to flip. My heart rate was climbing. When my turn to decide how to play my hand came around I told the dealer to hit me, and there it was. He placed an ace before me. Blackjack!

I tried to contain the smile that wanted to spread across my face, before I turned to Luca. I raised my eyebrows at him, and he sported a small smile in my direction.