9

Lance had woke up first. He was resting his head on a mattress, someone's hand holding his.

He realized he was sitting in a chair against Keith's bed, holding Keith's hand, and Keith purred like a kitty, fast asleep. Lance remembered all previous events in the past couple days.

Lance wanted to help make Keith feel better, but didn't know what to say. So what if he showed it instead? Leaving Keith to rest, he exited the bedroom and went to find his best buddy, Hunk.

"Hunk! My main man!" Lance found the other boy in the kitchen, cooking up some Altean recipe lunch.

"Hey, Lance!" Hunk replied, holding a pan and pushing it into the oven.

"I need your help. It's about... Keith," Lance seemed kind of embarrassed, but confident in his ability to talk to Hunk about it.

"You love him?" Hunk inquired.

Lance jumped back, "What?! No! I don't love him! I just... like him."

"Uhuh," Hunk continued cooking, disbelieving. "What do you need, pal?"

"I want to show him that I'm there for him because I don't know how to say it right," Lance explains.

Hunk shrugs, "What's his favorite food? I can help with that!"

That's a brilliant idea! When Keith wakes, Lance could walk in holding his favorite food, and they could share a bonding moment.

"Hunk, that's a great idea! Now to remember his favorite food..." Lance got lost in thought. He never thought about food much, just fun things to distract himself. Keith had mentioned it once, though, right? What was it, ice cream, sundaes, milkshakes?

"I think it had to do with ice cream," Lance announces. "How about just plain ice cream? With syrup and a cherry on top?"

Lance seemed to taste it, getting a bit too excited considering it wasn't even for him. Keith is going to love it, Lance thought.

- Time Skip -

When Keith fluttered his eyes open, he came face-to-face with a beaming, adorable Blue Paladin--Lance.

"H-hey," Keith mumbled, realizing he'd fallen on his back while he slept and was now sore all over. He groaned weakly, placing a hand to his head, feeling a warmth hotter than his usual temperature.

"How are you feeling? Are you up for some food? I made you your favorite! At least, I think it's your favorite food..." Lance rambled on as Keith zoned out of listening. He felt icky, hot, and gross. He needed a shower, but in no way was about to ask someone to bathe him like a baby cub.

Keith hummed in irritation, and Lance stopped talking, "You didn't answer my first question. How are you?"

Keith glanced up at Lance, who now had a worried expression, "I-I'm okay, just a bit under the weather from, you know, being stabbed."

Lance chuckled at Keith's oozing sarcasm, "Coran should be in in about half an hour to check up on you."

Keith sighed, but he didn't know if it was of relief or frustration towards Coran's medical abilities. Suddenly, he felt a wave of heat wash over, leaving the boy completely fragile, starting to sweat. He let out a soft groan, sounding more like a moan.

"I can get him now-"

Keith didn't let Lance finish before he nodded quickly, "Fine."