4

When Lance woke up, it was nighttime. Keith was still asleep, but stirring. Lance yawned and sat up,  and then looked to his side, taking in and admiring an adorable Keith Kogane next to him. Never in a long while had he ever thought he'd be cradling him in his arms... this is so payback.

Keith finally fluttered his eyes until they were open, wide awake. He looked around him, and then his eyes landed on Lance. It was as if everything that had happened flooded back into his mind--his injury, Lance at dinner time--and decided it probably wasn't fair to slit Lance's throat right then and there.

"How are you?" Lance asked, seeming worried.

"Like you'd care," Keith spat.

Lance was slightly taken aback, "Of course I care, you idiot! You're my teammate!"

Teammate, Keith thought. Not much else, which he guesses is appropriate, but deep down it's not what he wanted hollered at him.

"You weren't even there when i first woke up!" Keith shouted.

Lance huffed, "I was doing you a favor! I knew you probably didn't want to see me first thing!"

Keith furrowed his eyebrows, "And why wouldn't I?! It's like you said, you're my teammate!"

Lance looked away, feeling a bit guilty. That's true.

"Sorry," Lance apologized.

Keith was slightly taken by surprise. He hadn't expected Lance to act genuine just now. Usually they just bicker back and forth until someone cuts them off. They'd never... actually talked before, at least not alone.

Not knowing what to say, Keith sat quiet.

Lance slid off of the bed, "You probably want me to go back to my room now."

Keith thought for a second, "Actually, I don't mind some company. I can't really entertain myself, and I'm not tired anymore, so if you want to stay you can."