Chapter 14: Darkness Rising Part 5

Optimus Prime's POV:

"Cybertron? Megatron is going to bring millions of undead cybertronian warriors to earth to destroy everyone and everything?" said Jade. "Yes Jade. That is his plan," I said nodding my helm gravely. Jade sat back down on her berth and I sat down next to her. She was stressing out, worrying what would happen if we failed to stop him. I placed my servo on her back and started rubbing her back gently to calm her down. "It'll be alright baby girl. I promise," I said. "Dad, what are we going to do? What if Megatron wins?" Jade asked me. "Jade, we will make sure that he does not take the victory. He shall not be allowed to send dark energon through his space bridge," I said. "And if he does?" she said. "If we fail, the dead of Cybertron will rise, swarm through its vortex and invade Earth and bend human kind to Megatron's twisted rule," I said. "But that's not going to happen huh?" said Jade. "Jade, I do not know what the outcome will be. But we have to make sure that we prevent that from happening. Whatever it takes," I said in response to her question. She nodded her helm and said,"Whatever it takes." "I love you my little girl," I said and I gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheek. "I love you too Daddy," she said. "Get some recharge sweetspark," I said. She laid back down on her berth and I gave her another kiss. "Dad?" "Hmm?" "Can you sing our lullaby for me please?" I laughed softly and said,"Of course Jade. Of course." She scooted over a bit to the right and I sat down next to her and rubbed her helm. Then, I started to sing.

Optimus (singing): My precious one, my tiny one, lay down your pretty head.
My dearest one my sleepy one, it's time to go to bed

My precious one, my darling one; don't let your lashes weep.
My cherished one, my weary one; it's time to go to sleep.

Just bow your head and give your cares to me.
Just close your eyes and fall into the sweetest dream, cause in my loving arms.
You're safe as you will ever be so hush my dear and sleep.

And in your dreams you'll ride on angels' wings.
Dance with the stars and touch the face of God
And if you should awake...

My precious one, my tiny one
I'll kiss your little cheek
And underneath the smiling moon
I'll send you back to sleep.

Jade fell asleep and I smiled and kissed her cheek. "Goodnight Jade. Sweet dreams," I said and then I left her room.

The next day (Denise's POV):

It was five o' clock in the evening and I just finished up my shift at our local thrift store. "Alright Mike. See you tomorrow," I said to my employer Mike. He smiled and said,"Alright Denise. Have a good evening. See you tomorrow." I left the store and went to the parking lot towards my car. I was about to get into my car 'till I saw Jade pull up next to me. She was in her holoform and she said,"Nice car." I sighed and said,"Jade, really. Alejandro, Jack and Miko already tried. Tell Optimus that I respect him big time. But if you're at war with the decepticons, there's nothing I can do to help." She stepped out of her vehicle form and stood in front of me. "My father didn't send me and no one is asking for your help," she said. "So we can agree that I'm not warrior material," I said. She placed her hand on my shoulder and sighed. "Denise, I just lost someone that I loved very much. Maybe it's the grief talking or maybe you're growing on me. Whatever it is, I'm just not ready to say goodbye." "So you guys are staying?" I asked her. "I don't know girl. But we need you back at base. Will you come with me please?" Jade asked me. I thought about it for a minute and said,"Let's go." We got into her vehicle form and drove all the way back to base. When we got there, we saw all of the other autobots, Jack, Raf, Miko, Mario and Alejandro. I got out of Jade's vehicle form and said,"I'm back." Jade transformed into her regular form. "Autobots, prepare for departure," said Optimus. I stood there completely confused at what he meant by "departure." "Where to Dad?" Jade asked him. "The final frontier," said Mario, Miko, Jack and Alejandro. "Space? I thought they didn't have any way of getting there," I said in shock. "They don't, really," said Raf. I looked up at Jade. "Be seeing you later?" I asked her. She smirked and walked over to the ground bridge. "Be careful Arcee," said Jack. "I will," she replied. "See you later Bee. Be safe," said Raf. "I will little buddy. See you later," beeped Bumblebee. "Go scrap those 'cons Elita," said Mario. Elita laughed and said,"We'll show them who's boss." "Go get 'em OP," said Alejandro. Optimus nodded. "I'm so jealous," said Miko. "Don't even think about following us," said Bulkhead. We watched them stand in front of the ground bridge. "Optimus, if you leave me here alone with these humans, I will never forgive you," said Ratchet. "Until we meet again old friend," said Optimus and his battle mask went over his mouth. "AUTOBOTS ROLL OUT! MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!" We watched them all go through the ground bridge.