i'm hella gay!!

a short one shot this time y'all! aaaa idk, i came up with this a while back and thought t'was comedy gold at it's finest. update, i'm an idiot.

word count : 748
published : 24 July 2020
edited : 29 August 2020

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Rei's POV

"hey, Rei?" i hum in response, and continue with the homework that's due tomorrow. all while taking a sip of my now cold coffee, not that i really cared.

"are you gay?" my eyes widen. i comically spit out my drink and start coughing.

"erhm, no, i'm not gay, Cinth." that isnt true tho. i'm gay. hella gay. well, actually i'm pansexual, i find everyone attractive and oh god it's hard sometimes. but anyway, i'm gay for one person and this person only, Ryo, my...boyfriend.

Ryo openly admits that he's gay, claiming that if people can't accept you, they can go uh, fuck themselves. and he has a valid point. he's confident, trans, gay, and proud of it too.

where-as i, Rei Motozame, never came out to my friends yet, i- i'm not ready yet. yes, half of us are part of the LGBT+ community, so it shouldn't really be a problem. and i'm not ashamed of my sexuality either, but i just haven't found the right time yet, y'know?? i wanna take this relationship slowly, thus, tis a secret for now.

"really? aww." he pouts and looks at me pityingly (lmao is tht even how u spell it mfg), then his face brightens up again, "well, i'm gay!!"

I choke on air. i- i'm speechless for a second. when i'm about to congratulate him, a very important fact strikes upon me- hE'S DATING LINA OH GOD-

"WAIT WHAT? HYACINTH. HOW. ARE YOU. GAY? YOU'RE LITERALLY HEAD OVER HEELS FOR LINA, AND YOU'RE DATING HER, AND NOW YOU SAY THAT YOU'RE GAY?!?!"

his freckled cheeks blush at the mention of the older girl and blinks twice before casually replying, "well yeah...of course i'm head over heels for Lina... she's just, she's my everything. the way her eyes sparkle when she watches a horror movi-"

"Hyacinth stop with the rambling and get to the point." i flinch slightly and turn to see Denise sitting next to me. knowing her, she probably blended in with the shadows and eavesdropped on our conversation. i can't say that i'm not wary of her spying on us-

"oh! right. well, yeah! i'm gay!! i'm really gay! especially today! i really dont see how loving Bluebelle has anything to do with this?"

"HYACINTH, LINA HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THIS MY GOD. YOU'RE NOT BEING HONEST WITH HER. YOU HAVE TO COME OUT TO HER."

"what do you mean? if i'm gay i can still easily be with Lina. i'm being completely honest with her. and she'd be thrilled to know."

what. thrilled?

"Hyacinth, explain to us what you mean by 'gay' right now." Denise demands.

"gay! happy! how do you 2 not know this?? you're like my second parents! you're supposed to know everything! i'm gay. happy. my grandparents always use this term for happy!"

oh, my fucking, god. i stfg-

Denise starts laughing at my dumbfounded face. she's the only one i've come out to. she's basically my mom, or sister, mumster? whatever. i know she wouldn't care 'cause i mean, the woman's lesbian herself. and i know the others won't too, but with her everything's just so calm and soothing, and it naturally came out.

"oh... well then, yeah, i uh, i guess i'm gay, Cinth." i manage to croak out.

Denise nudges my shoulder and whispers, "in more ways than one, no Rei? and don't you mean you're gay every day?" she smirks and pats my back before she leaving the room.

Hyacinth smiles brightly, seemingly pleased to know that i'm "happy". he heads towards his and Ryo's dorm, while i'm left in Den and Lina's kitchen, flushed and embarassed.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

PFFT, i made this a few months ago and jfc- i thought i was funny wtf. thus i made a lot of adjustments, just changing a some things here and there cuz t'was cringe af and sorta OOC b4.

you should know that i suck at writing in first person :/ i prefer 3rd pov, thank u very much. and i'm more of an angst writer, some fluff every once in a while, ig. i'm still practising y'all lmao.

anyway, hope you enjoyed the short chapter!
have a gr8 day, night, whtvr

au revoir,
- vana <3