Chapter 10

Author's Note:

Sometimes I doubt whether or not you guys like this story, I'm getting kinda hesitant on writing because of the lack of feedback :/ I'm hoping I'll get more feedback on this chapter considering Carter finally finds out that Anthea's family is filthy rich and ..well you'll have to read to see what really happens ;)

Song: Glad You Came - The Wanted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anthea's POV

I looked at myself in the mirror from head to toe. I couldn't recognize myself through the expensive clothes and makeup. It looked as though grandma spent on a fortune on me. There was really need for all the trouble I just wanted the night to be done and over with. The procedure had been explained to me. First I am introduced and welcomed to the community of "the rich" then I am expected to dance with Carter for our performance.After that I need to change into another evening gown because it is deemed unlady-like to be a tad sweaty. Then my grandmother wants me to dance with some business partner's son. After that I am to do as I please. Simple enough. Except for the fact I did not want to go in the slightest. I looked out the window to my beautiful view and sighed. I wonder what Aiden's doing...

"Anthea, Dear it's time to leave. We will meet you there. James will drive you , don't dawdle! " My grandmother looked great for someone in her 60s. Her hair was dyed a permanent black and the only wrinkles that were visible were concern lines between her eyebrows. That tends to happen when you run such an expensive company. However you shouldn't let the gentle exterior fool you, she was one hardcore gal. I blew out a big breath and dreaded the unknown.

***

I walked out of the limo and was hounded by paparazzi 'Ms. Roberts is it true you and Mr.Malcolm are having an affair?' Lights flashed everywhere and more and more questions about me and Carter were thrown at me. Suddenly strong arms pulled me inside and away from the mob.

"Are you okay miss?" said Carter. I roughly pulled away from him and straightened myself.

"Of course why wouldn't I be?" My reaction left him puzzled. I realized that was quite rude of me considering he had pulled me out of that mess. "Nonetheless thank you" I said briskly. I picked up the bottom of my dress and tried for a dramatic exit. Thank heavens I made one for once in my life. When I was past the doors I thought about exactly how attractive Carter looked. Even thinking about him gave me a frenzy of rapid heartbeats. It was strange how he called me 'miss' as though he didn't realize it was me...

I was hauled to the dressing room to get ready for my performance. I was stripped and put into an outrageous dress that belonged on the red carpet- not dancing with a jerk. My hair was pinned up and out of my face. The last piece was the mask , it was intricately covered in a gorgeous black pattern. I placed it carefully on my face. Then I walked out onto the stage. Bright lights shone on me heavily and panic hit me. There was a lot of people here. Gosh they are all looking at me.That's when Carter saved me for the second time that evening. He gently guided me towards the center and we began to dance. The music was upbeat and familiar.

The sun goes down,

The stars come out

and all that counts is here and now

My universe will never be the same

I'm glad you came

You cast a spell on me, spell on me

You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me

And I decided you look well on me, well on me

So let's go where no-one else can see, you and me