In which Drew is a 'knight in shining ballet slippers'

this was for an anon request I got: Imagine Josh getting hit on by someone and Josh is uncomfortable and here comes Drew, Josh's knight in shining ballet slippers, being his fake boyfriend and getting the person to stop. MEANWHLE, Josh is over here like, "Not that I don't appreciate this but you are very attractive and I am a bisexual mess. I do not think I will be able to speak for a whole week- let alone NOT think- about this. Thanks a lot." (Scarlett gets a very annoying call at 1am from a sobbing Josh while he blabs about it.)

~~~~~~~~~

Josh doesn't go out like this often, and he's reminded why the second he steps through the door.

It's so loud in the club that he immediately wants to rip off his hearing aids. He settles for adjusting the volume. 

He'd much rather be watching the new horror movie he got.

"Good?" Scarlett has to shout to be heard over the music, and Josh suppresses a grimace. He can deal with this for a few hours, maybe even have some fun. He definitely won't ruin Scarlett's fun by being a miserable lump the entire time. He'd ridden with Scarlett and Flora because he didn't want to drive, but this means he has no idea where the rest of the South is.

If it's any consolation, Austin is probably almost as uncomfortable as Josh feels. It's odd, but Mindy's always been the one who was more comfortable in places like this.

At least he's wearing his own worn and comfortable jeans, and not the skinny jeans Scarlett convinced him to wear last time. Josh doesn't care how great they made his legs look, they were awful.

He isn't really dressed for clubbing, though, and that only contributes to how out of place he feels. He's wearing the 'guess what's battery-powered' shirt Flora got him for his birthday with a flannel over it because it's thirty degrees and scuffed red converse. His socks are patterned with those shitty Halloween vampire teeth, for god's sake.

Flora pulls Scarlett away so they could dance after making sure he was good and had settled down at a table with his whiskey sour and his phone.

Josh is considering watching Marble Hornets again when someone raps on the tabletop to get his attention.

The guy is cute, but his smile is more of a smirk and Josh has spent so much time with Scarlett that he instinctively knows the look of an asshole.

"Hey, sweetheart, can I buy you a drink?"

Josh is glad he's only taken a sip of his whiskey sour, and he gestures to it now, plastering a smile on. "Thank you, but I've already got one."

Unfortunately, the guy sits down instead of leaving him alone.

Great.

~~~~~

Drew has known Josh for two hundred years, and he's figured a few things out in that time.

Like, no Josh wasn't as painfully straight as Drew used to think he was, he was just too in love with Scarlett to figure out when someone was flirting with him. And that he didn't like people on the mostly deaf side, even after he got his hearing aids. That Josh mumbled to himself and signed when he talked.

He's definitely noticed that Josh is probably more anxiety than person a good forty percent of the time.

Josh has a tendency to follow Scarlett around like a duckling because of his anxiety, so Drew is surprised when he bumps into her in the middle of the dancefloor with no sight of Josh anywhere around him.

"Where's your shadow?" Drew shouts over the awful trap music.

Scarlett pushes her hair back. "Josh is over at the table by the wall art. The one that looks like someone threw paint buckets at the wall. I was going to go check on him in a few minutes, actually."