❧09

Start Over

"Hey, Jeongguk."

Taehyung didn't know what to expect next, but it certainly wasn't the body shifting back as the biker braced himself on his palms, head tipping up to look at him.

Jeongguk's dark hair fell around his face, muscles tight with the stretch, somehow still looking flawless from the angle, but Taehyung grimaced as the notable smirk tugged at the thin lips.

"I was wondering if you were going to just stand there all night." The biker looked back down, gaze straight ahead as the water wading a few feet away from his bare toes.

"Um..." the surfer didn't know what to say or do.

"Did I impress you that much with my surfing? You've come to kiss up to me alone?" Jeongguk chuckled, voice drifting away and Taehyung bit back a scowl.

Focus, Taehyung.

"Ah," Jeongguk clicked his tongue. "Left you speechless, have I? Welcome to the long list." Taehyung huffed as that anger spiked in him, muddling up his rational to reason. The biker made that so difficult, on purpose.

"Cut the crap, Jeongguk." Taehyung muttered, shifting away from his standing position behind the other, and instead seating himself on the sand, dropped his shoes on the other side of him. He kept a good couple of feet between their figures, eyes fixated on the sand hilling at his feet as his toes dug into the cold grains.

"Cut what crap?" Jeongguk tossed back, playing an incredibly innocent card. "I think you're invading my space to think, Saltine."

The surfer rolled his eyes and pulled his knees up to his chest, resting his chin on one mound of joints while drawing circles in the beige salt littering the shoreline. "You're making this awfully difficult."

"Making what difficult?" The biker sighed dramatically. "If you wanna play Romeo and Juliet, fall for me rivalry style and confess, just say that, baby."

"I don't like you." Taehyung grit out, fisting the sand as his ability to stay calm was being so very strained by the constant remarks. "You stole my thinking space."

"The world doesn't revolve around you."

"Look who's fucking talking."

"Oh, I wonder where you got that idea." Jeongguk snickered. "I'm self conceited?"

"Convince me otherwise." Taehyung grumbled. He was wasting time. He really was. His original plan to just thank the biker and go was far gone.

Something flashed past Jeongguk's eyes and Taehyung missed it, mostly because both were too stubborn to give the satisfaction of being caught staring at each other. Taehyung still snuck in a peak, trying to gauge the mood.

"What are you doing here?" Jeongguk asked quieter that time, voice rough and raw. "Clearly you're not going to be thinking straight with me around."

That stupid shit-eating grin knew exactly what it was doing.

"Would you stop? Just," Taehyung let out a shaky breath. "Just stop and be serious for a moment."

Reason number... infinity for why he wished the person who saved him wasn't Jeongguk, was because he somewhat knew that the biker would struggle to make the conversation sincere. He was always annoyingly teasing, never allowing someone to deter his fun and here Taehyung was, doing exactly that.

"Serious?" Jeongguk leaned back on his arms, leather shifting off his chest as his black turtleneck clung to the muscles. "I would be if you stopped being so obviously attracted."