↳ EPILOGUE

A RAMBLING DAYDREAMER, a relentless optimist, a nosy researcher who didn't take no for an answer or know when to tap out — all ways to describe Freja Barrett and her unrestricted imagination and impulsive ambition

A RAMBLING DAYDREAMER, a relentless optimist, a nosy researcher who didn't take no for an answer or know when to tap out — all ways to describe Freja Barrett and her unrestricted imagination and impulsive ambition. While she was no romantic, maybe a little naive at times, spontaneous to a fault, the defining traits destined to always be associated with her name were something along the lines of curiosity and persistence.

And yet, her brother had the audacity to be surprised to catch her handing out flyers to her new support group at his wedding.

"I'm all for supporting — pun intended — this new line of work but you couldn't have waited until after the afterparty?" Elliot grumbled from behind Freja, slumping onto the vacant chair by the table she had been guided to with Matilda and Ravi — the latter of which had taken the role of Freja's plus one, although she had initially checked that she wouldn't be bringing one, but with the tragedy of Lowell Tracey still weighing down on them, a free spot had opened up.

Spinning on the wheelchair she had been reduced to for the weeks leading up to her recovery, Freja couldn't help but break into a grin, not only because things were finally working out for her, but because Elliot looked so genuinely happy with the shiny new ring on his finger. "Hey, there is no better audience to appeal to than a drunken one", she defended herself, before glancing back down at the stack of flyers still resting on her lap.

She was still writing, with Ravi's help, no less, but when impressing the local newspapers had proven fruitless, she had turned into another direction and started a support group for zombies and their loved ones. Of course, selling her new free-for-all support system as a safety net for zombies wouldn't have gotten her very far, so she had dubbed the event Tan-and-Dyers Anonymous. After some vigorous convincing that a lot of people relied on tanning and dyeing to a point of it becoming a problem, she had been granted permission to arrange meetings in the community center. Now, all she needed to do, was gather the participants.

"Besides, I know nothing can ruin your mood today", Freja added, a sneaky smile directed at Elliot who downed a glass of champagne after snorting at her — though she wasn't all too wrong. With newly-wed life around the corner and his gradual inside job at Max Rager, he was more or less thriving.

Perfectly on time, Jules was emerging from the dancing crowd cramped into the large barn they had chosen as their venue without Freja commenting on how cliché it was, with Matilda in tow and both of them breathless. "Phew, that boyfriend of yours sure knows how to dance", Julian commented boldly, a grin stretching his lips as he dropped his hold on Matilda's hand and seated himself next to Elliot, while the Dean chased after one of the waiters serving bite-sized desserts.

"He's not my boyfriend", Freja corrected, although with a smile, her heart no longer sinking in horror at the unfamiliar word. She was venturing in uncharted territory with Ravi, but having him by her side to figure it all out wasn't bad at all — dates masked as check-ups regarding Freja's broken leg and sneaking kisses over their laptops worked just well for them, even if the second option more often than not included some form of groans from Major. Between educating the Lilywhite on zombies and then writing about the same with Ravi, though, she had become an avid visitor of their house.