Chapter two: the dress

Noah asked me to prom in the most boring way possible; through text. Of course I said yes but I didn't love how he just asked me in such a bland and plain way. But I couldn't complain, he made me so happy so I didn't care the way he asked me. Renea got a boyfriend a couple of months back, they've been dating for about three months and they're happy so that makes me happy. Her boyfriend, Adrian used to be my best friend until they got together. I've always had a thing for him but I never had the nerve to say anything because I knew she always had a thing for him as well plus they dated back in seventh grade and I can't admit that I like her ex and my newly best friend at the time. But I had Noah with me so all of those feelings for him faded. Or I just put them in the back of my mind but either way they're gone and I'm happy for her. Besides me and Noah are so close and he knows everything about me and I know everything about him. He knows how I'm not perfect and I know he's not either. We are both fairly attractive and happy people. Since my birthday is in May, I'm younger than most people. So all of my friends are 16 while I'm 15. My birthday is the day after prom, May 21st. So prom is about two weeks away. I have a prom dress in mind but I haven't gotten to shop yet. I have plans to go look for dresses with Renea and Kate tomorrow after school.

     (Next day) As I'm getting ready for school I get a text from Renea saying she picked up Kate and is going to pick me up so we can all ride in her car after school to the dress place. So I finish putting my cloths on and go downstairs to see my parents arguing. I ignore them and grab an orange from the fruit tray and walk outside with my keys. As soon as I get outside I start to walk to the curb and text Renea to pick me up there because I don't want to hear my parents question me about who I'm going to school with or why I'm leaving so early. As I'm sitting there thinking about the color and design of the dress I want I hear Renea yell to get in the car.
     "Hey girl why'd I have to come all the way to the curb to pick you up today" Renea said curiously
     "Oh you know the usual, I just didn't want to hear my parents questions today." I said in a sad tone
     "Well screw they're stupid questions let's have fun today!" Kate said energetic"
     We all just laugh knowing that Kate wants to skip school and have a girls day like she wants to do everyday.
     "You know what screw school, let's go have a girls day" Renea says trying to lift my spirit.
     "What are we going to do about school tho? Won't we get caught? I can't get in trouble with my coach" I say wanting to skip school but knowing I can't risk it.
     "I know what we can do, let's call into school acting like our parents saying we're sick but let's do it at different times, and Nazery just text your coach telling her that you threw up last night but your parents kept you home" Kate said in a clever tone
     I looked at Renea knowing that her parents would kill her if they found out what she did but she seemed fine with it. Me and Kate have been trying to get her to do something rebellious for once and I think this is the one time she's going to do it. And sure enough she did. We all start to ride around and decide to go to the dress shop now because everyone else is in school so we have the place to ourselves. We get there and immediately go to different sides of the store looking for our specific styles. Renea likes ball gown type dresses while Kate likes skirt dresses. But I am in love with the crop top dresses that look like the ball gown dress but only go down to the floor and the top to be form fitting showing some stomach right above the belly button. It's very specific but I love them. I also love the color dark purple and black. That's what I'm going for but if I can't find that then I'll just go for a simple black dress and top with a white lining around the bottoms.

     Kate and Renea are trying on dresses and modeling for each other while I'm still looking for my perfect match. As I am going over to the last section of what I like i hear a familiar voice asking for the type of dress I like but if they can be custom made. I knew exactly who this was. It was the person that was obsessed with me like no other, Jessica. Although she likes to go by Nazarene. I have no clue why she's so obsessed with me. She dates all of my ex's and has even split up some of my relationships. I don't know why someone would try to make someone's life horrible but she's that person. Grace is her best friend now and she told everything to Jessica. By everything I just mean my family story. She's trying to use that against me to "ruin my life" but I don't care what she does or who she tells. It's not a secret it's just no one has asked because i'd tell anyone what's going on if they'd just ask. As I'm deep in thought I feel someone nudge me and say "your not going to be prom queen this year." I look up and it's Jessica.
     "You know people get selected by the student body and besides I could care less because there is four of them anyways" I say replying back to her in a normal tone
     "Oh stop acting like your dying to win anyways. Miss. Perfect and her perfect life with her perfect boyfriend would make this year's perfect prom queen and king." Jessica says in a snobby tone
     I turn back to looking at dresses as I say "you should know better than to know that I don't care about that stuff, I care about having fun."
     "Ugh stop with your perfect responses Nazery."
     "They're not perfect they're just what I'm thinking and saying"
     "Whatever. At least I'm going to look better in my dark blue crop top dress with a black band around my waist."
     The thing about Jessica is she doesn't have an amazing body or looks. She wears too much makeup and always wears oversized cloths to hide her body. I feel bad for her but then again she could do something about it like I did. I used to be so big and my face was full of fat that I didn't look pretty. The summer before eighth grade I worked out and went on a diet and I got my body, I don't have the flattest stomach or have the biggest hips but it's descent and I work with it. My cheeks are rosy, they always have been and people love that about me because it makes me different and I love it too. Jessica always packs on blush to get the rosy look but she always puts too much on and it doesn't look that good.
     "I hope you feel beautiful in your dress then" I say to her
     "Whatever. Me and Grace will look way better than you and your little puppets you call friends. Oh and watch out for your boy, I might steal him" she laughs and walks away from me. That last statement kinda hurt but I'm not worried. As I'm thinking about what she said I find the perfect dress, dark metallic silky purple crop top dress with a dark purple band at the waist. I try it on and it is so gorgeous. Me and the girls all found our dresses and bought them.