Practice Makes Perfect

Start from the beginning

It was a car.

I opened my eyes, through the entire forest and past the gate was a road and cars drove by not knowing anything about the threats that lie within the tree walls.

I immediately move onto another idea. My invisibility cloaks the entire body but what if I can do one part of my body? Or even someone else's body?

I close my eyes for just a couple seconds and will myself invisible. It worked in an instant, I opened my eyes and I looked down at the grass. There was no transparent form of me anymore, that's new. No wonder I was caught easily when the attack from the Dhampyrs. I really need to get my powers under control when I'm in trouble, if I black out I could be dead within minutes of attack.

My form shows again, becoming visible and I look around before I stand. I don't close my eyes when I hold out my hand and try thinking it invisible. I should start with the easiest part of my body, so that's what I do. I think really hard about it.

Breath Zoe, if it doesn't happen then it's not meant to be

My whole body goes cloak again. I guess not being able to do my entire body is a good thing but there's no one out here that I could try to turn invisible with me so I'll save that for later. I nod with the reassurance that at least I'm making progress before my head falls back and I look up into the sky. I think of Mom, but it's not a sad moment. It's a happy moment knowing that she's watching over me. Every step of the way I go. All I have to do is make the right decisions.

I look into the distance in front of me. More grass and then there's the woods. I should run and see how fast I can get. I should jump and see how high I can jump. Theres a flash in my eye view and I look down at the ground at my dagger. It gives off a blinding light and it hits my eyes, but there's no sun. Not a sight of it. Something tells me to grab it so that's what I do, I bend down and I pick it up. I twirl it in my palm and run my fingers over the devastating darkness that covers the whole thing. I shrug and turn around to head for the building but then something else appears. Its someone and they fade in and out of view in front of me. Like they are there but they aren't. I step back and drop the knife and they disappear just like that.

"Woah" I wondered.

I swallow and bend down to pick up the knife again and they form again, in front of me. About ten feet away and they stand there but flash in and out of my vision. I blink a couple times just to make sure in not imagining things but maybe I am. I walk up to him and he moves at the same speed as I do, moving toward me. I stop at about five feet away and so does he. It's a guy and he wears all black. It's a Dhampyr.

He then begins to stretch his legs with his hands and his arms above his head. I put the dagger in the side of my tights and do the same. I don't know why I am, I just do. I stretch my legs and arms and I look around to  make sure no one is witnessing the same thing I am right now. I turn to the side and he does the same. I look at him and he takes a last look at me before he takes off running.

My eyebrows go up as I watch him move so fast and so smooth over the grass, theres a darkness that trails behind him as he moves.

"Head start huh?" I smile to myself as I watch him disappear into the woods. I hold out my hands and in just seconds my powers come to me in such a rush. I can feel it as it makes it's way all over my body in under a minute. My veins release the darkness and my eyes go black. All around me is the darkest of auras and I can feel the dagger at my side so sharp and growing so hot. It wishes to be used. I look up into the woods and I take off toward the running man.

Everything in my side view is a blur as it rushes past me in the fastest way possible. I never could imagine such power and it's all mine. I run and duck under branches and step over bushes and leave piles that are in my way. And I can hear everything again, all around me.

"Over here Zo" he says

I stop running and look to my left then to the right. He rushes pass me and misses my arm about an inch as my braids go flying through the air. I smirk and take off after him as he makes his way back to the grassland near the building. We reach the edge and he jumps into the air, about twenty feet before landing on the grass again so I do the same. But my powers allow me to go higher and faster then him. I jumped and everything is within distance, the building, the trees, and my braids which flies into the air. The breath that I felt like I was holding gets sucked out of me and I smile before I go plummeting back toward the ground. I land on my feet and I see that he's right in front of me so I use my speed to catch him and I grab him by his shirt. He stops running and stands in one spot and I do the same. He smiles at me before he begins to walk in a circle.

I do the same following his steps. He can see the darkness in me now, why isn't he running?

He holds up his arms in front of him and gets in his fighting stance and with the power controlling my moves, I do the same and it feels good. I want him to attack me. I want him to challenge me into fighting to see who will win. He steps forward and swings his arms so fast it looks like everything is happening in slow motion. Each of his attempts to hit misses just an inch of my body as I duck and squat and move out of the way. He kicks out his leg and I jump into the air. I land and use my right arm to punch him in the stomach but he steps out of reach. My dagger sizzles at my side so I remove it. I swing it toward the right side of  his face and he ducks before swinging his right fist again causing me to spin away from his blow. He stands still and I reach out for him causing him to fall back to the ground as I hover over him. I hold the dagger in the air and he grins before I pull it back down and it goes right through his chest. Just like that, he disappears from under me.

The midnight blood screams it's way back into my palms and hides away in its favorite spots under my skin. My eyes go back to normal and I stand to my feet, my breathing is heavy and parts of my hair sticks to my sweaty face.

It awakened your spark
You will continue to grow stronger
YOU can handle it Zoe

I smile and start jumping up and down cheering to myself for what just happened. I'm so happy about it, I want it again and again. I need it, it made me feel so alive and so good. I stop cheering and bite my lip to keep from smiling before looking into the sky.

"Thanks Mom" I whisper and I know she hears my voice.

"Hey Zoe" Ava calls to me and I look over at her, "the food is here, come on before it's all gone"

"Okay" I shout to her. She heads back in the building and I put the dagger to my side before I head in after her.

"Have you gotten the chance to practice Zoe?" Margaret asks me as soon as she steps through the door of the cafeteria. I nod my head and swallow the food in my mouth before I answer her.

"Yeah some" I wipe my mouth with my right hand.

As soon as I got into the cafeteria, I saw a wide spread of pizza, fries, wings and drinks on the tables. I headed straight over and grabbed some of it, taking Ava's advice before it's all gone. All the practice I did made me so hungry so I began to eat before the sight of Christian pouring blood in his drink took my appetite away.

"Listen, I'm inviting Susan and her daughter back this week and they will stay with us for a day or two. If that's okay with you?" She cautioned.

"Yeah, that's okay" I tell her before she leaves my side.

Is that okay? I guess, I mean I really need to think about what I should ask her this time round. I need some answers and I need them as soon as possible.

A/N: okay guys honestly I had so much d*** fun writing this chapter ugh Zoe is such a queen. I love her :) anyway, I hope everything is okay with you guys.

Please vote for me/comment. I love you guys