Chapter 9 DMWMBB

Rouge's POV

Biglang bumukas yung main door namin and saw Lucas catching his breath. His eyes widened as he saw me and his parents in our living room.

"Lucas?"

"Rouge?"
"Oh here he is. This is our one and only son Lucas. Your daughter's boyfriend." Nakangiting pakilala ni Sir Luciano kay Lucas sa daddy ko.

"H-hello. G-good morning sir, my name is Lucas." As he stretched his hand to shake my dad's.

"Hi, I'm Ed. Rouge's father, it's so nice to meet you. I always thought my youngest daughter is single since she never talked about her boyfriend before. And look at you, I think my daughter has good eyes." Masayang pahayag nito, Lucas smiled awkwardly as he looks at me.

"Dad!" Napatingin naman sa akin si daddy at pasekretong pinanliitan ako ng mata.

"I-I guess. T-thank you.....but c-can I speak to your daughter privately?" He asked

"Yes of course...of course." Ngumiti naman si Lucas at hinawakan ako sa kamay sabay higit nito sa akin palabas.

"Rouge....I need a big favor from you." He said seriously as he holds my hands. My heart is pounding fast as I nodded.

"W-What is it?"

"Marry me."

"Eh?" I once again dropped my jaw.

"Just for a year. Please let's get married."

"W-why?" I mean this is why his parents are here. But still I don't understand why we have to do it. Not that I don't like the idea, it's just I don't wanna marry without love. I love him, yes but does he loves me?

"My dad...he is going to take everything that I have unless I am to marry you.....seems my parents are really convinced that we are having an affair. I know it's gross to think but they really want me to take responsibility especially about what happened that night between us."

Think Rouge. Don't just agree because you love him. Marriage is a sacred thing.

"We will only do it for a year and then after that we'll get divorced." I look seriously into his eyes. He wants me to play his stupid game? He wants to play with my heart? How dare you?

"Rouge....please, don't look at me like that. Say something....please. I will pay you $500 million. I have nothing else to give you but that amount of money, if you need more than that just tell me." I turned my back and walk away.

Do I look like that? Do I look like a gold digger? I don't need money. I don't need his luxury. I just need him, is it that hard? God, is it that hard?

"Rouge...wait...where are you going?"  Binale wala ko yung tawag nya at patuloy padin sa paglakad. Geez Rouge you're being so dramatic again.

"Rouge." He grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"I wonder how do you see me? Para ba akong mukhang pera sa mga mata mo?" He put his hand onto my shoulder

"No of course not. I see you as an efficient secretary. I see you as a smart and pretty woman. I'm sorry if I have said that, if I offended you. I didn't mean it. I just can't think of anything to give you in return for what I am asking you." I blew a big sigh and hold his hand  on my shoulder.

"Do you really want to do that?" He smiled and nodded as I smiled back.

"Yes. I want to."

"I give you a second chance to think, Lucas."

"I really want to. Let's get married."

Now you're in my trap. Let's play this game called marriage without love, Lucas. And here onwards, you give me chance to make moves. I WILL MAKE YOU LOVE ME until you can't live without me.