Chapter 15: Tenkai Rogue

Beni/Venetta's Pov

I was on Quarton, sneakily taking out the Corekai. Oh, how they had no idea what was happening to them. I then jumped up. "Tag, you're it," I said, taking out another Corekai. "Tada! Something tells me. This is gonna be fun." I said, looking at the moon and laughing.

Later, I was sitting on the steps in Gen's apartment as Eliza was sitting next to Gen as he worked on something on his computer. "How long are you gonna stare at those photos? I only like looking at pictures when I'm in it." I said.

"All this time and effort searching and what do I have to show for it. Nothing." Gen said. "Let's see. You couldn't find the black key on Quarton. And you only found postcards of Europe. We know two places where the black key isn't. I wouldn't call that nothing. Next to nothing, but not nothing." I said.

"Thanks for your support," Gen said. I looked at Eliza as she kept shifting her corebrick in her hand with her eyes closed. "Cheer up. I'm sure you'll find it before the next ice age sets in." I said. "I'm getting close. I know it." Gen said, to which I rolled my eyes at.

"What's the big deal anyway. We won't need to have the black key to beat them." I said. "The black dragon key is somewhere close," Eliza said. "So, it's in the city?" Gen asked. "I don't know. But it's not so far away." Eliza said.

"Listen Gen. I'm getting tired of sitting around watching you hijinks. I think I'll do some snooping around on my own, that is if you don't mind." I said. "Go on. Knock yourself out. But one thing." Gen said, drinking some 'soda'. "What thing?" I questioned, clearly annoyed.

"Don't make the same mistake I did by underestimating him. You'll be sorry." Gen said. "Thanks for the tip. But I don't intend to repeat your mistakes." I said walking up the steps. "Wait up," Eliza said, jogging up to catch up to me. "Finally. My turn." I said going to my apartment.

I opened my computer and logged in. "Fine, Guren Nash. Let's see what makes you tick." I said as I looked through the photos I had. "I don't get it. He's just a typical boy. There's nothing special about him at all. On this planet at least." I said as I switched to a video I had.

"On Quarton. Okay, yeah, he's got some skills. Of all the tenkai knights, you have to give him the edge. But I mean come on. Gen's still more than a match for him. Without his fancy moves, he's just some dude with an empty sword. I know I can take him. So, why's Gen so focused on this guy?" I questioned as I looked through more videos.

"If you took away both their titan modes. Then they're kinda the same." Eliza said. "That is true," I said. "They also both rely on something. Gen for his want for power, Guren for protecting his planet. So, they both kind of have their motives." Eliza said.

"He doesn't seem so special. Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe behind that brush face exterior, the guy's got some kind of awesome hidden power. Or something. Or nothing." I said, looking at another photo. I then yawned.

"Oh well," I said, picking up a pair of glasses and putting it on my face. "Now it's time to turn on the charm in person. He doesn't stand a chance." I said. "Beni just be careful. There's a reason why we need you. And it isn't for this." Eliza said.

"Heading home?" I asked. "Yeah. I, fortunately, have a place to get to and sleep to get so I'll see you soon enough." Eliza said, leaving.

Guren/Bravenwolf's Pov

The guys and I were walking out of school when I just told them about my idea to do more training. "More training? Aw man, I was hoping to nail the zombie level in doomsploder 3 today." Toxsa complained.

"Well, you're outta luck. We all meet at Mr White's in an hour." I said. "It's tough fitting in everything you gotta do you know. Homework, training and Quarton." Chooki mentioned. "It's like working three jobs and not getting paid for any of them," Ceylan said.