fourteen

DECEMBER 19, 2019
01:11 pm

           jimin stepped out for a while. he passed by taehyung's parents with a bow, lifted the corner of his lips at the presence of seokjin, yoongi, and hoseok at the corner of the room and took a glance at namjoon and jungkook talking solemnly in front of taehyung's house.

          he found himself on the side of the street; taking in the noise made by frequently passing vehicles and people — distracting him.

         the sky seemed darker for a reason. maybe because it was winter that the sun's brightness and heat couldn't be felt. it felt colder too; jimin felt, hugging himself for warmth. but he 'felt' more numb than he thought.

        he couldn't smile or cry. he couldn't say nor do anything. he couldn't feel anything. and that scared him. it probably scared his friends as well.

        he could only think of taehyung. his text messages, his laughter, his whining, his sad moments, his smiles and his big appetite, his promises.

        jimin suddenly felt choken and overwhelmed and even found himself catching deep shaky breaths. everything went blurry again. but before he could feel himself slip away, a ring from his phone inside his pocket startled him.

        barely keeping it together, he took his phone out, quickly receiving the call after taking a deep breath.

        "hello?" jimin barely exhales, waving 'no' to the taxi that stopped in front of him.

        "jimin-hyung, where are you?" jungkook's familiar voice asks, a little nasally from his concerned tone. "we've been looking for you. are you okay, hyung?"

         "yeah, i'm okay," jimin replied, shifting on his feet. "i'm just beside the street to breathe a little. i'm sorry if i worried you."

        "no, hyung," jungkook spoke and shuffling can be heard from his end. "you didn't worry us. it's just that... we... you were here and now you weren't," he sputtered, sounding breathless as he spoke. "i'm coming to get you, okay, hyung? just stay there, i'm—"

        "no, no, jungkook," jimin cuts him off. "i'll be right there. you don't really need to check up on me. i'm sorry..."

         jungkook started to argue with him but before he could make any sense, jimin ended the call.

         he stared at his phone for a while, only to realize that he had a message sent to him an hour ago.

         confused, he opened the message with an unknown number as the sender.

UNKNOWN
jimin don't cry for some that isn't me

          as is he felt watched, he instantly turned his head around as he ignored the sudden chill — goosebumps — that he felt. he got more curious towards the identity of the sender and the meaning of the text that they sent.

         keeping his phone close, he quickly typed a reply:

JIMIN
who are you

        and had found himself conversing with unknown then.

UNKNOWN
- i'm sorry
- jimin
- it's me taehyung

         it's a sick prank — jimin concluded eventually. no, the thought of his best friend passing away hasn't fully dawned itself unto him yet. but no, no one has the right to use his name like that. "it's a sick fucking prank," jimin whispered, with a crack on his voice that made him feel weak.

        he started to walk away, walk back towards taehyung's house and quickly typed in his replies to the number again.

JIMIN
- don't ever text me again
- don't you dare use my friend's name

        typed and sent, he shoved his phone into his pocket again. only for it to bother him again with new messages.

UNKNOWN
- jimin please
- i am so sorry
- i am taehyung
- jimin it's me your bestfriend

JIMIN-
 he's|
- you know what
- whoever you are
- don't even text me again
- i will block you
- stop using taehyung's
name for your own
sick entertainment

UNKNOWN
jimin no

unknown is calling you...

             jimin's phone trembled in his hand. and he didn't know whether it was his phone vibrating or his own hand having tremors. he felt overwhelmed that he didn't exactly know what to feel or do.

            but a call was waiting for him. he was so disgusted but he felt so curious as well and one call would make him feel less than the other. but since when did receiving a call be of so much pressure to him?

          he thought of taehyung. no, the thought of taehyung dawned on him again. his smiles, his tears, his happiness, his sufferings

         sitting on a nearby bench and accepting the call, jimin closed his eyes.

         and listened closely. to heavy breathing. to rustling. to sniffling.

         jimin started to speak. "who—"

         but a deep, sharp, familiar voice stopped his thoughts, engulfing his sense of hearing.

        "jimin... help me..."

NOTE.
juicy juicy😋 yes another cliffhanger (?) that's not helping the past cliffhanger hehe oh and 200 reads🥺thank you moonchildren💜 (oh and i was supposed to upload this last night but our electricity went off so im sorryyyyy)