Chapter 45

"Excuse me!"

Upon hearing the high-pitched summon, Copter promptly left the glasses that he was filling up on the bar counter and quickly scurried over to the table that called for him.  A pair of young women, each dressed prettily in their casual cocktail dresses, smiled up at him when he arrived. 

"How may I help you?" Copter asked while flashing back an amiable smile. 

The woman in the lavender-colored dress tapped the empty glass in front of her.  "Could you please get me another Cosmopolitan?"

"Of course," Copter nodded before shifting his eyes to the other woman who was wearing a sapphire-colored dress.  "And what about you, Ma'am?  Would you like to have anything else?"

At his courteous questions, the women suddenly started to nervously giggle among themselves.  Slightly bewildered, Copter watched in silence as Lavender-Dress subsequently sent an encouraging nod to Sapphire-Dress, who appeared rather embarrassed.       

After a little while, Sapphire-Dress finally spoke up.  "Do you know what the gentleman over at that table is having?"

Following the woman's body language, Copter turned his head sideways.  His gaze automatically softened.  The gentleman to whom she was referring proved to be someone who Copter knew very well.  Someone who had been sitting right at that spot for the past hour, patiently but eagerly waiting for Copter to be done with his work.  Someone who immediately broke out into a blinding smile as soon as he met Copter's eyes right now.    

P'Kim.

Trying his best to suppress his resulting grin, Copter forced himself to rip his eyes away from Kimmon and returned his gaze back to the customers.      

"Yes, it's our pub's special draft beer," Copter replied.  "Would you like one for yourself?"

"I'd like to order one," Sapphire-Dress shyly murmured with a growing blush.  "And have it delivered to that gentleman."

Not sure if he heard right, Copter froze.  His startled eyes flickered back to Kimmon, who again gleefully beamed upon receiving Copter's attention.  Which, unfortunately for everyone involved, proved to be a reaction that was prone to unwelcome misunderstandings. 

"Oh my god, he's smiling at me!" Sapphire-Dress squealed.

Lavender-Dress gave her friend a knowing look.  "I told you!  I'm like 100% sure that he's interested in you too."

Falling speechless, Copter took a brief moment to collect his rattled thoughts.  A mix of conflicting emotions wildly swirled inside of him, rendering him at a loss for how to react appropriately.    

"So if you could, you know, deliver the drink to him and tell him that it's from me?" Sapphire-Dress requested once more, confidence materializing on her features.