Chapter 22

"I'm heading out now."

At those words, Copter quickly scurried over to the entrance and took his place in front of Kimmon, who had to try his very best to bite back a laugh. In no way was Copter's injury a good thing, but, despite feeling like a jerk about it, Kimmon was wholeheartedly enjoying one of the resulting consequences. To his defense, though, he really couldn't help it. Seriously, how could he?! When Copter looked like an adorable puppy sulkily watching his owner head off for the day?!

It had already been a week since Copter was forced to stay at home and recover his injured arm. And, for each and every one of those past mornings, Copter had persistently woken up at the same time as Kimmon in order to see him off. Even though he repeatedly told Copter to just sleep in, of course, Kimmon didn't at all mind Copter's company. In fact, Kimmon secretly cherished every single second of his mornings with the junior. To the point where it was getting extremely difficult to resist his desire to just skip out on work and spend all his time with Copter.

Along with these irresistible mornings, Kimmon also loved the moments when he came back to his apartment. Unlike before, when he had to enter into a cold pitch-black room that made him feel miserably lonely, nowadays, Kimmon was immediately greeted by a smiling Copter whose twinkling eyes brimmed with welcoming excitement. Given that heart-fluttering sight, it was no surprise that Kimmon anxiously counted down all the seconds until he could finally return back home. Fortunately for him, Kimmon didn't have to wait too long, considering that he always brought Copter lunch during the café's afternoon break time.

"Let me know what you want for lunch."

"You don't have to bother today. I'm going out, and I probably won't be back until the evening."

Upon hearing Copter's unexpected answer, Kimmon frowned. "Out? With that arm?"

"I'll be fine, P'. You make it sound like I can't move a muscle," Copter pointed out with a chuckle, dismissing Kimmon's concern. "Since I have some free time now, I wanted to go see my parents."

Kimmon nodded in understanding. "Family reunion, huh? That'd be nice. Do you want me to give you a ride?"

"No, it's okay. I can go by myself," Copter declined, shaking his head.

"But it'll be much more comfortable if you go by my car. And a lot faster," Kimmon pressed. "What time were you planning on heading out?"

"Don't worry about it, P'Kim. I'll be fine on my own." Before Kimmon could say anything else, Copter began to roughly push him out the door. "You should really get going to work now. You're already running late!"

After successfully shoving Kimmon out into the hallway, Copter flashed a bright smile and cheerfully waved his hand goodbye. Bye P'Kim! Have fun at work today! Su su na! With those last parting words, the door closed in an instant, causing the locks to automatically click into place.

Kimmon blinked several times before emitting an amused laugh. Seriously, as of late, it seemed that Copter was the actual owner of the shop, being much more worried about its business compared to Kimmon. Who was just too ridiculously lovesick to focus on anything other than the lovely junior who stole his heart.