Chapter 10

Feeling a bead of sweat trickling down the back of his neck, Copter tried his best to calm down his jittery nerves. But the fierce aura steaming out of the woman in front of him was only setting them off even more. With a deep breath, Copter aimed a friendly smile at her, hoping that it would somewhat loosen the tense atmosphere. To his disappointment, the woman's calculating expression remained unchanged. His smile trembled.

About an hour ago, Copter had headed back home after a typical day of working at the café and had found a black Mercedes Benz parked in front of his apartment. Which he had thought was very strange, given that the luxurious car was completely out of place in his run-down neighborhood. So, of course, he had been caught by surprise when a monstrous man had suddenly stepped out of the car and stopped him in his tracks.

"Copter Panuwat?"

After accidentally nodding on instinct, Copter had regretted it in an instant. He didn't recognize the man, who appeared beyond suspicious and quite frightening. Dressed in a full jet-black suit that failed to conceal his buff arms, the man was staring at him with no expression on his grim face. Or, honestly, given that the man's eyes were hidden behind enormous sunglasses, Copter couldn't really tell for sure. But, all things considered, he had concluded that the man was definitely weird. Because why the hell was he wearing sunglasses this late at night?! His hands tightly clutching his backpack, Copter had gotten himself ready to run away as soon as he saw an opening.

"If you have a moment right now, Mrs. Varodom would like to meet you," the man had informed him with his deep voice, seemingly unfazed by Copter's spooked reaction.

"Mrs. Varodom?" Copter had asked back, confused.

"Yes, she is the grandmother of Mr. Kimmon Varodom. Who I'm aware you know very well."

"Oh."

And with that, before he knew it, Copter had been ushered into the car, instantly taken inside a grandiose mansion, and seated in front of an elegant-looking elderly woman who he assumed was Kimmon's grandmother. Then, for the past several minutes, he was unwillingly caught in some intense silent staring contest with her. Where he was clearly losing. Gosh, this was super intimidating.

Fortunately for him, right before he entered the mansion, Copter had secretly managed to send a quick SOS message to and share his location with Kimmon through LINE. So, at the moment, all his hopes were on Kimmon to quickly make his way over to this place and to rescue him. As soon as freaking possible.

After a few more minutes of chilling silence, Parn finally cut to the chase. "So I understand that you're dating my grandson?"

Copter blinked at her, a little startled by her sudden directness. He briefly considered whether he should just scrap this crazy act and tell her the truth. Judging by her piercing glare, it seemed impossible to convince her with his amateur acting skills. But he faltered when Kimmon's voice started to replay inside his head. I'll give you a weekly bonus. And extra if you actually have to act the role in front of other people. Making up his mind, Copter mustered up all of his courage.