Chapter 15

"Why'd you head out by yourself?"

While thoroughly wiping the counter clean, Tae furtively observed the tension-filled scene ahead of him. To be honest, the confrontation didn't come as much of a surprise to Tae, given the noticeable frown on Kimmon's face when he had barged into the shop this morning. And, just as Tae expected, that frown instantly deepened as soon as Kimmon spotted Copter, who had been merrily conversing with Godt in front of the kitchen.

Could they be any more obvious? Tae thought to himself, as he tried his best to hide an amused grin. Kimmon, who, as of late, couldn't seem to control any of his emotions when they involved a certain junior. Godt, who, from the very start, openly showed his ongoing attraction to that same junior. And Copter, the beloved junior who (although Tae adored to no end) was seriously so freaking clueless that Tae couldn't help but feel sorry for the other two participants in the love triangle.

"Because I always come earlier to clean up the shop," Copter replied. "And you were sleeping so soundly."

"You could have waken me up and we could have headed out together," Kimmon pressed, his eyebrows knitted.

"I tried but!" Copter started out but abruptly paused, looking quite flustered for some reason. Avoiding Kimmon's eyes, Copter continued his sentence in a quieter voice. "You didn't wake up."

Oh? Tae noted that, instead of wearing his usual expression of mixed confusion and innocence, Copter was reacting a little differently this time around. Which strongly suggested that something happened between Kimmon and Copter. And, judging by his darkened eyes, Godt seemed to share Tae's suspicions. This was getting interesting.

But, (somewhat unfortunately for Tae), someone suddenly butted in and broke off the growing tension.

"Wait, what is this scandalous discussion that I hear?!?!" Tee loudly squawked, making everyone (other than himself) jump in surprise.

"What do you mean by scandalous?" At Tee's judgmental glare, Copter shook his head in exasperation. "I'm just rooming with P'Kim now."

"What?!" Tee immediately shot Copter a wounded look. "What happened to calling me next time you needed a place to stay?"

Copter rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to intrude upon your lovers' den."

"I thought we went over this before!!!"

Yet, before Tee could ramble on and on about his discontent, Copter hurriedly escaped to the second floor, mentioning that he had to wipe the tables there. Kimmon quickly followed after him, looking like he wanted to continue their previous conversation.

A brief moment of silence fell upon the remaining three. Until, with a blank expression, Godt went back to preparing the batter for his waffles. Still sulking, Tee slowly walked over to Tae's side.