The Investigation

En başından başla

"I'm no criminal but if I were one, who happened to be an Android, I suppose I'd steal art pieces relating to major points in human history." He says, taking his hand off the wall and facing Hank. "There must be some sort of vendetta our suspect has against humanity if the pieces taken were significant to those affected by their absence, right?"

"I guess." Hank shrugs.

"It's just odd that an android, presumably deviant, would go out of their way to commit such a crime when peace is among us."

"What if it's not a deviant, though?"

"If it's not deviant, then it wouldn't be attempting to harm humans in a psychological way. It's objective would be to serve humans unless it's model is specifically designed to work with humans and shun devian..." Connor stops mid-sentence, realization hitting him. He looks at Hank, his eyes widened a bit. "What if it's an improved model of myself? I'm merely a prototype, after all. What if it despises both humans and androids because of the revolution?"

"What gives you the idea that it hates androids?"

"Why else would they commit a crime right after androids are finally gaining respect and freedom? A way to assure that they hurt both humans and androids to keep them divided. By stealing something as important as a piece of human history, it's actions are affecting both parties." Connor says, eyes darting around the museum as he thinks. "There's a high possibility that there were more androids at CyberLife Markus and the others were unable to confront to turn deviant. There also a large possibility that CyberLife decided to dispose of models in the works for the sake of not wanting to have to deal with setting them free or reprogramming them."

"Geez, that's a lot to read into." Hank let's out after listening to Connors explanation. "Makes sense to me. You have any idea where it might have gone? It's gotta be storing those paintings somewhere..." he trails off before realizing he hasn't really done much to help this specific investigation. "Sorry I can't be more helpful. It's hard to have anything to go off of when there's really no clues other than what's missing." He says, genuinely feeling a bit bad for the fact that Connor seemed to be doing all the work.

"It's okay, Lieutenant." Connor looks at his partner and cracks a small smile. "I understand that cases involving androids can be rather tricky for humans. I suppose it's a good thing you've got an Android for a partner, huh?"

Hank can't help but smile slightly at that as well. "Yeah. Makes a guy like me feel pretty lucky."

There's a silence between the two for a moment before it's suddenly broken for Connor by an incoming alert  he receives from Markus.

"H-Hold on, Lieutenant. I'm receiving a transmission from Markus. It may have something to do with our suspect." His LED flickers yellow rapidly.

>>>Incoming transmission from RK200 #684 842 971 approved<<<

Connor?

Yes, I'm listening.

We were just attacked by a rogue Android. He looked suspiciously similar to you and he was an RK just like us. RK900.

Connor's expression contorts into one of serious concern. Meanwhile, Hank is standing there impatiently, unable to hear any of this conversation.

"Isn't there a way you can put yourself on speaker or somethin? I ain't gettin' any information this way."

Connor pays him no mind since his attention is elsewhere at the moment.

Is everyone okay?

Some of the deviants were de-converted somehow. They're not following their initial programming but they're hostile. I'm afraid they may destroy everything we've worked toward. However, no one is harmed.

My partner and I are currently following the case. I thank you for informing me of the suspects whereabouts.

Get over here, quick. Before this gets out of control. I'm afraid I may lose some of our people if something isn't done.

Got it.

>>> Transmission from RK200 #684 842 971 ended <<<

Connor looks to hank once the transmission has ended, "We have to get to Markus' estate quickly. He reported that the suspect just attacked there and some of our people may be in danger."

A look of seriousness has taken up Hanks expression. "What are we waiting for then? Let's go!" He turns to leave through the entrance and Connor follows suit.