Chapter 15

Harry's Pov

     I stared in shock as Percy returned to his seat as though nothing had happened. I couldn't process what he'd just done. Did the two Death Eaters have a rivalry or something? That must be it. Maybe Malfoy and Riddle's fathers don't like each other. I need to talk to Ron and Hermione about this later. For now we've still got 7 hours of alone time with Riddle. I was about to ask Ron and Hermione what we should do, but then I remembered what he'd said to Malfoy.

     "What do you mean, 'he's dead now'?"

     "I think you can figure that one out for yourself, Mr. Golden Boy. It was pretty self explanatory."

     "Did you kill him? I knew it. I bloody knew you were a Death Eater!" accused Ron before I had the chance.

     "What is it with you guys and these Thanatos Eaters? And why would you assume I killed him? I'll bet you've all known people who died by some way besides your hand." Perseus exclaimed, exasperated. We clearly weren't getting any information out of him right now, so I decided to change the subject. Of course I could still use this to trap him.

     "So, what house do you think you'll be in?"

Percy's Pov

I could see what he was doing. He is trying to get me to admit that I know more about the wizarding world than I do. I don't really care if he thinks I'm a nerd or something, so I just said, 

     "I don't know. It said in this book I read that there's four of them- Gryffindor for the brave and daring, Ravenclaw for the wise and diverse, Slytherin for the cunning and ambitious, and Hufflepuff for the loyal and hardworking. Is that right? I also read that there's a stereotype against Slytherin house, so I'm assuming you think I'll go there, but we'll just need to wait and see as to where I'll actually go." Not gonna lie, I'm kinda proud of myself for using books as an excuse instead of thinking of an excuse for books. Books...Annabeth...Tartarus. ..Death...My fault...NO. Now is not the time for a flashback. 

     I shook myself back to the present just as an elderly woman opened the door to the compartment and asked if we wanted anything. I declined. I wasn't hungry and we'd eat in a few hours anyway. Ron, however, seemed ravenous, and Harry looked pretty hungry too. Hermione also looked like she could eat, which was confirmed when she got a few candies, or as she called them, sweets. I don't know why they don't have any real food, though. I mean, the ride does go straight through lunch so...oh well. I don't really care-it's not like I'd get anything anyway. 

     After sitting around listening to the Golden Trio talk as though I wasn't there for, like, ever, Hermione suddenly stood up.

     "We're almost there. I'm going to go get my robes on, and you should do the same." With that she stood up and left, presumably to change. However, I had seen the robes, and decided not to wear them so that I could move around. I waited for Harry and Ron to turn around to change, and then quickly manipulated the Mist so that my normal clothes looked like the school robes. It was strong enough that anyone with a status below a god wouldn't be able to see through it. I'd never tried to make it stronger than that-why would I need to?-but I'd gotten pretty good at making it so that clear sighted mortals couldn't see through it. Don't ask me how I managed that- I don't know-but I can do it and I'm not about to complain. 

     When we finally arrived at Hogwarts and got off of that stuffy train, I realized I didn't know what to do. Technically I'm a first year, but I'm way older than all of them. I saw a man who could only be Hagrid, and walked up to ask him where to go, hoping that my information was correct and he was friendly, or at least he wouldn't kill me. As I navigated the crowd, Hagrid seemed to see me coming.