Chapter 12

Harry's Pov

     After Riddle left, everyone started panicking. There were a lot of problems, and a lot of things that didn't make sense. Like, how had he just left? We had put up a charm when he got here to stop him from leaving, which was why we had been panicking earlier. Also, like at Hogwarts, you can't apparate to and from Number twelve. We were panicking because of what he had said, as well. He had gotten really mad at Ron. He was probably going to kill him in his sleep! What are we going to do?

Percy's Pov

      Once I arrived at my training place, which I still haven't named, (a/n Comment what you guys think I should call it!) I began to relax. Something about this place was just so peaceful. Of course, I wouldn't be much of a demigod if this didn't send my senses going viral. I stretched them out as far as I could, but sensed nothing suspicious. Then, just to be sure, I climbed to the top of my "bean stalk" and then willed it to gradually get taller. As I was rising I made a big mistake. I looked down. Now, I being the rational person I am, was about to scream at the top of my lungs when my ADHD decided it was a good time to notice something completely random. The sun here was in the middle of the sky, signifying  that it was most likely somewhere around noon.  As I pondered this,  I realized that I had completely forgotten that I had been about to scream. Oops. 

      As I looked around for threats my extra-alert nerves told me that something living was right next to me. Not showing any sign that I knew they were there, I closed my eyes and, not knowing exactly what to do, let my instincts take over. I focused on the water vapor in the air, especially right next to me. I looked at the shape of what was there and found.......................wait for it......... ........a..................BIRD! That's right, a bird! Are you kidding me!?! I turned around and looked at it. It was a cute little thing, and I considered keeping it. So, I checked it for tracking, listening, and watching devices, or any sign that it wasn't a real bird. 

      When I didn't find anything, I gently put my hand out for it to hop onto, then, once it's feet were securely wrapped around my finger, I went to ask the wood nymphs about it. I had no idea what this creature was, if it needed to stay with it's family to survive, what it ate, whether it could be domesticated, or anything else about it, really. 

      As I approached the woods, I began to quietly call out to the nymphs on the tree line, asking for there assistance. Most of them just peeked their heads out to watch what was going on,  ut a few stepped forward, just slightly out of the tree line. I walked up to one who was smiling kindly. 

      "Excuse me, sorry to bother you, but I was wondering It you could help me with something. I found this bird all by itself and wanted to identify it an, if possible," I hesitated, not wanting to anger any of them," and o-of course if it was okay for the species, t-ta-take i-it home." I stuttered. As I showed them the bird, they gasped in shock. The one I had approached spoke up.

      "Young Perseus, we have heard of your many deeds, but we never expected to meet you in person! I am Eucalyptus, and this is Maple, Pine, and Birch. We have never met a human so respectful to us nature spirits, and we thank you for that. The bird you have found is the only one of its kind, and has been heard of and prophesied over for a thousand years. We were told that

a young demi-wizard of evil decent, 

would come here one day and give us respect.

 That he would find the bird of power and truth, 

And wisdom and love and loyalty and youth.

That he was made for greatness beyond comprehension,

But also for betrayal and toil and tension.

      There are many other prophesies about this bird and his friend, who are both standing before us today. So, to answer your question, yes, you can keep her. She will eat anything, besides the things that you wouldn't eat, of course, and has several powers, so we've heard, that you must unlock. You should also name her." She told me. Wow. That was a lot to take in. I thought for a moment, then decided on Delta. I don't know why I chose it, it just felt right. 

      Suddenly, I noticed that it was getting darker and told the nymphs that I had to leave. They nodded in understanding, and I closed my eyes, ready to make the journey home with my new friend.

      Hey guys, sorry this chapter was a bit short, and weird. But you guys wanted an update, so I tried. Hope you liked it!

      Word Count- 855 words