“I missed you so much.” He breathed into my hair.

“Isn’t that what I should say considering the fact that you’ve been in a coma for two weeks and I’ve been the one waiting for you to wake up.” I said with a small smile.

“I know but I’ve still missed you.”

“I wanted to be by your side when you woke up. I’m sorry I wasn’t here.” I said with a sad pout.

“Mira told me she chased you home to have a proper bath since you were contaminating the while hospital with your smell.”

“I wasn’t smelling!” I protested as I hit his chest which caused him a let out a low groan.

“Jesus Christ Hazel! I’m injured here.” He said which caused my eyes to widen in fear.

“I’m so sorry I did that.  Are you okay?” I asked with concerned eyes while looking at his body.

I frowned at the bandage that was still on his head and body and the cast around his left hand.

He seemed to notice this immediately as he used his finger to raise my chin so I was looking at him.

“I’m fine Hazel, I promise. I’m just glad you still care.”

“Of course I care. If I didn’t I won’t be here.”

“I know. Look Hazel, I’m sorry about—”

“Can we not talk about that right now? I’m just glad you came back to me.” I said snuggling into his chest.

“I never left. I promised remember?” He said and I replied with a small “hmm” and before long, I fell asleep with the rhythmic beat of his heart and his hand stroking my hair.

************************************

I woke up to a slight tap on my head.

“Hazel, can you get up for a minute?” His deep voice interrupted my peaceful sleep.

“Hmm–why?” I whined as I snuggled closer to his chest which caused him to laugh.

“Because I need to get my vitals checked so Mira will be convinced I’m not dying.” He said in an amused tone.

My eyes widened at the use of the word ‘dying’ and I immediately hit his chest.

“Don’t joke with that word.” I said with a deep frown.

“Again Hazel, I’m hurt.” He said with a groan which caused me to frown.

“I’m sorry.” I said when an idea popped into my head.

“If I kiss you, will you feel better?” I asked with a mischievous smile and his eyes lighted up like that of a child that was given candy on Christmas.

“Definitely.” He replied excitedly and I couldn’t help but smile at his excited face.

I really missed him.

The clearing of throat caused me to snap my head to the side to see a nurse standing awkwardly beside us and I turned red at the realization that she had witnessed everything.

“Hazel, this is Rose and she’s here to check my vitals.” He said laughing softly at my embarrassed state.

“Of course. Sorry for the delay.” I said getting up when I felt his hand drag me back and I turned to give him a questioning look.

“Where’s my kiss?” He asked with a childish pout.

I moved like I was going to kiss his lips then moved to place a kiss on his cheeks which caused him to frown.