She really didn't want to leave this place. It's not because that she didn't like her own village or something, it was because she didn't want to go back to the Hyuga compound. It was really hard to stand under those gazes which were full of disappointment and disgrace. It really hurt when her father would look at her with disappointment. She sighed sadly at her thoughts.

"What's wrong?" Sasuke asked and she snapped out of her thoughts. She looked up at him and saw him staring at her with slighty furrowed brows. Hinata shook her head no and looked at her feet.

"I am okay." She then looked at him and smiled.

"You are lying." Her smile dropped. She couldn't look him in the eye.

"I... Um... " she began but then she sighed and said, "It's nothing."

She then heard Sasuke sigh. She looked at him and saw his usual blank expression but his eyes, they softened. They didn't hold that emptyness like before. Infact, she saw something in them that she couldn't decipher.

"If you don't want to tell me then don't." He said but then turned his face from her and walked a few steps ahead to keep a distance. Hinata then heard him mumble, "Just know that I am here."

Hinata's eyes widened and she said as she quickened her pace to walk beside him, "W-what?"

"Nothing," he said coldly but Hinata didn't back down and again said, "No, I mean say it again."

"I'm not repeating myself," he said firmly but Hinata could see that his cheeks were silghtly red.

She giggled at that and whispered, "I know." Sasuke clicked his tongue in a faked annoyance and stormed off ahead. Hinata giggled and ran up to Sasuke.

"W-wait for me."

Hinata called from behind but Sasuke just kept walking and they finally reached the mansion. After having lunch, they said goodbyes and started their journey back to Konoha. According to Sasuke, it would take them five days to reach the village, and with that, they continued their journey and as the days passed, their friendship was starting to take a new turn, which they both were unaware of.

Five days later.

A certain blonde was sitting on the window in the Hokage's office as he picked his nose in boredom. He sighed dramatically and then looked towards his left to see the Hokage as he kept doing his paperwork. The blonde ninja again sighed loudly.

"Stop doing that, Naruto. If you sigh one more time, I will throw you off the window," Kakashi said sweetly although his words were full of venom.

Naruto gulped at his warning but then whinned, "Come on, Kakashi-sensei! Give me a mission already! Its been a week since I had my last mission. I have nothing to do."

Kakashi looked up from his paperwork and said, "Oh? You have nothing to do, huh? What about the chunnin exams? I have put you incharge of it. You should be focusing on that. Now go away." Kakashi said as he gestured him to go like he was a stray cat. Naruto grew annoyed at that.

"It's not fair! You sent teme on another mission outside the village and I am stuck here organizing some stupid chunnin exams!"

"Look Naruto. Tomorrow is the chunnin exams and all the Kages would be gathering here in Konoha. And I want you to be here. In Konoha. If you are here, then I can rest assured that nothing will happen to the village. Now go and prepare for tomorrow."

Kakashi finished and looked at Naruto who had nothing to say in return. He only sighed as his shoulders slumped, "Fine. I won't bother you."

Kakashi hummed and went back to work but halted as a light knock was heard. Then the two figures entered the office. Naruto instantly became his active self again as he said, "Teme!"