Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Daniela’s POV:

Well, as I suspected, this school would be just the same as any other. Everyone making fun of the school geek. It just never crossed my mind that it would happen all over again. I just couldn’t believe it.

That day after school hours, I stayed behind, to talk to the teachers and the principal. I had to do something. But would they do something for me in return? Most likely not.

I walked with my head down, my eyes practically glued to the floor. Since some people were still at the school, most likely getting out from detention, I knew something was bound to happen.

I was right, something did happen. The girl who blurted something out in my last class was walking straight for me. I noticed she had a chocolate shake in her hand. She didn’t have it in her hands for much longer.

I suddenly felt soaking wet and smelt like chocolate cream. Her shake she threw at me.

I wiped the creamy chocolate from my glasses the best I could and turned around to stare after her. I could hear her tinkling laugh. It put a frown on my face.

I made my way to the doors, not going to talk to the principal today, not looking like this. I had to get cleaned up.

I pushed the door open as I walked out. I then tripped over something and fell down the little flight of stairs in front of the doors. I immediately heard giggling and chuckling afterward. I glanced back at whoever it was. The same girl, Jennie, and most likely her boyfriend. They did some random handshake and walked off still laughing. They planned the whole thing most likely.

I pushed myself up off the ground and continued walking home, ignoring the stinging coming from my elbows and knees. I could have cried right then and there, but something else was bound to happen, so why do it?

I continued home, almost there. I was now in front of the neighbor’s house. Cassey told me his name was Levent. Incredible name, was the first thought that appeared within my mind.

I decided to slow down a bit, to see if he had made it home. I saw motion on the other side of the window. He was definitely home and was doing something. God knows what.

I inched closer, becoming a peeping tom or a stalker if you call it that.

I was now peering into the window and watching his every move. I saw no sign of his parents or anything. Just him with something in his hand. It seemed to be shiny and pointy. He turned some and I saw the blade that it was. I instantly gulped. Maybe he’s making dinner. Yeah, he’s making dinner, I can see some food on the other side of him.

I breathed a sigh of relief and quickly inched away from the window. I finished my walk home and walked up the stairs to my bedroom. I threw my backpack on my bed and headed straight for the shower.

After I was clean and the chocolate was gone from my hair, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. I wiped the fog off my mirror and began to get out the blow dryer and hair brush for my hair.

I dried it the usual way and just let it stay down for once. I then straightened it like normal and then got dressed in clean clothes. I reapplied my makeup and then put my glasses back on. I unlocked my bathroom door and walked out into my bedroom. I got my books from my book bag and headed to the school room.

I worked on my homework for the rest of the night.

After I was done with my homework, I climbed into bed and fell asleep immediately. No dreams followed me, allowing a peaceful, quiet slumber for once.

The sound of my alarm clock awoke me from my deep sleep. I had it set for 4 am every day.

I yawned, stretched and got out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I brushed out my thick hair and put my glasses on. I fixed my makeup and got dressed.

I grabbed my backpack from my school room and headed down the stairs to get breakfast. I made myself some eggs and toast. I ate it quickly yet kind of slowly so I could taste it.

I drank my orange juice and put my dishes in the sink and headed out for another day of school.

I walked this time to school. I wanted to be alone for once. I stepped over all the cracks on the sidewalk. Yes, I did believe in the term ‘don’t step on a crack or you’ll break your mother’s back’. Go figure.

I hummed to myself as I walked. Before I knew it, I was at school and walking through the entrance. Everyone was here by now. Great, just great.

I kept my head down again. Maybe I wouldn’t be noticed, I thought to myself. I then felt myself being pushed into the near by lockers. Too late, was my second thought on the subject.

I gripped my shoulder tightly and continued to my class. I sat down in the back. I noticed someone else was already here as well. It was him.

Levent.

I saw him turn slightly. That was when I noticed a red stain on his black blazer. He probably got something on it from him making dinner last night.

I sighed and looked forward as more students came pouring into the classroom. One of them stood next to Levent.

“Well, well, well. Look at what we have here. He’s finally on time?” The dude smirked at him. Levent glared up at him, his hair brushing across his forehead, revealing the slightest bit of his eyes. They were... really green. Really amazing.

“At least I’m early enough to get seated and not get detention.” He smirked back, making my heart flutter for some reason.

The dude just tilted his head, obvisiously confused on Levent had said.

“Mr. Anthony, detention. Now take your seat, please.” The teacher said just as she walked in.

It made me giggle very quietly. The dude scowled at Levent and took his seat behind me.

The class then began. I took out my notepad and a pencil and began taking notes on everything the teacher said. I glanced up and saw no one else was. Only me.

I sighed mentally. I sort of zoned out, but could still hear everything that was going on.

“Daniela, what is the state capital of Russia?” The teacher asked me.

All eyes, except from Levent, turned to me as they waited for an answer. I gulped, then cleared my throat.

I started to say something, but I was cut off by the door slamming open and the principal walking in.

“I need Daniela Silverstone in my office right now.” He sternly looked at the teacher. She nodded and motioned for me to go after him.

I had never gotten called to the principal’s office before. I gulped again. My breathing became unstable as I got up and hurried after him.

What in the world could this mean?