Chapter 34- Can't handle the heat.

Jack bolted to his staff and twirled it. He stood in front of me and held his staff up. I couldn't help but try to stand up. My balance slowly failing me but I managed to hold my ground.

"Why!!" I cried out in pain. How could he betray me? Us?? I saw him as a brother. I wanted to see him like that. A brother to me, He pulled his hair back as he stared at me.

"Don't make this any harder than it has to be Y/N..." He muttered softly. I shook my head slowly as I began to tear up.

"I needed revenge. . . Father never cared enough and mother cared for the wrong reasons" He said as he looked at his hand lighting it ablaze. I scoffed and shook my head.

"That's why you had them KILLED???- I've been hurt by so many but it was never and never will be my intention to hurt them. Because what good is pain fixed by pain" I said, my stern gaze. He gritted his teeth.

"You don't understand-" He began but I once more interrupted him.

"I do understand!!! Your life is a mess and you're trying to hide it all by erasing it and I promise you that isn't going to work" I cried out. He stepped back.

" Inferno. . . do not disappoint me " Pitch's voice stern and painful. Inferno stared at the shadows behind him before looking at me. Sudden determination on his face.

"You will meet your end-" He ran towards us. Jack immediately jumped in front of me fending off Inferno and some shadows.

"Now would be a good time to start snowflake!!" He called out. I nodded and folded my legs and put my hands on my knees closing my eyes firmly.

"Cmon cmon cmon cmon-." I shut my eyes tightly before someone tackled me. I gasped opening my eyes being face to face with shadow. It screeched in my face -

"ew- shadow breath" I slashed at it with a small light on my hand but it got the job done.
"Finally!! Some magic!!" I smiled as I placed a hand on my injury healing it quickly before bolting to Jack. I began fighting off some shadows trying to get closer to him. He looked over to me and rushed over to me and backed me back into the cave. 

"I want you to forget about me and try to get in contact with that oh so wise voice in your head" He spoke in a rushed tone. I nodded and sat down quickly closing my eyes. 

"Please please, please " I muttered under my breath. "Please help me" I whimpered. 

"If you help a blind man by giving him a cane he does not know how to use, then what good are your services?" The voice gave me a rather sad excuse for a response. 

"W-what?" I responded furrowing my eyebrows. 

"You are not yet ready my dear, but when you are. Your light will shine brightest. You have chosen your path " 

I  grimaced at the useless response she had given me. I stood up and rushed over to Jack. 

"Bullshit, Bullshit, Absolutely nothing useful!!" I cried out as I blasted some shadows. As much as I wanted to ignore it. The shadows were getting stronger. 

"Noticing anything different?" Pitch's voice filled with confidence and a smug attitude. We were surrounded. My back pressed up against Jacks as we both heavily breathed. I could feel my magic running thin. I was getting tired. My magic was weak already- No one knew my name. No one knew me- My powers could only go so far. A females chuckle caught us off guard. I looked around and saw a familiar face. 

"Eclipse-" I frowned at her. She smirked softly, her smirk drove me insane. Her makeup so damn perfect - how the fuck do spirits have time to get their winged eyeliner so on fleek????. 

"Ah, Tsuki- or shall I now call you by your reincarnated human name Y/N"  She spoke condescending tone. "Human, are  happy by your new-found title?"    She growled at me. I smiled a bit sneering. 

"Yes actually- I am quite happy. See Eclipse- while your heart is shrouded in pain and fear. I can live on because humans are capable of such sweet things" I sneered at her. She glared at me with such anger I could barely look at her. 

"HUMANS - Have taken EVERYTHING from me. They don't get to move on"   She looked over at me before backing away from us. She grabbed her staff swinging it at me. 

"Stupid humans- they can die and be reborn. Reborn to have a new life over and over and over again. They get to forget- they get to forget the pain and suffering. Humans have ruined me- Ruined my life - and they get to forget. Why can't I forget? I USED TO BE A GOD-"  She cried out in a pain. And in a blur of the moment. I pitied her . . .

"What are you playing at Eclipse " I glared at her. She waved her staff, a black orb began to form before disappearing to reveal a spellbook. A spellbook I realized I recognized all too well. 

"wait that's- " I was cut off

"Your father's book. While you've been in this lovely cave. I paid a little visit to your dear Saint Nicholas Norths humble abode"   She smirked flipping through it. A few shadows moved closer to us. She cleared her throat before reading out loud. 

" ahem, The reincarnation ritual, when a being of immense power decides to be reborn for whatever the case a ritual must be condemned. For such a ritual to be performed, you need a part of a being, for example, a heart, lung, mind. Whatever you can find. along with the part of a being, you'll need, the sand of dreams, a feather of memories,  an egg of hope, a fire heart and an eye of joy. These all together in a ceremonial spell reading will allow the caster a new body but they must sacrifice "  she smirked. A sudden wave of fear washed over me. 

"what are you sacrificing. . ." I looked at her. She leaned close to me. 

"the souls of every life you have tried to protect"   She smirked before walking away from me. 

"I just need you out of my way-"  

"And how do you intend to do that?" 

" Reminder, no matter where you go or who you are with. You are still. . . Human" 

 She waved a hand and before I knew. I was swarmed by shadows- almost like drowning, 

"Y/N!!!" Jack cried out reaching for me. My vision faded to black and then nothing.