Chapter 1

————

Nightmare had no idea how long he'd been running for, or what time it was. All he knew, is that it was getting late, and dark, and he couldn't feel his legs anymore. However, He continued to jog through the never-ending woods.

Eventually, the male collapsed into the cold, fluffy snow. He couldn't stand up, so he figured that he was just stuck there for the night. He managed to sit up, propping himself against a tree. He wouldn't be able to grab firewood from anywhere, which meant no light or warmth for the night.

Nightmare let out a long groan, and tried to close his eyes, resting the back of his head against the tree he was leaning on. After a few minutes of failing, he gave up on sleep, and looked down at the potato sack he'd brought along with him. He pulled the water bottle from the sack, and opened the cap. He felt like he could drink the entire bottle, but held himself back, knowing that he'd need it again.

He drank about a quarter of the bottle before closing the cap again, and stuffing it back into the sack. He couldn't even see the stars like at home, just because of the thick layer of pine needles and branches that towered over his small form.

Nightmare cast a glance down at the purple notebook in the sack, a navy blue pen attached to it. Maybe writing would help him grow at least a bit tired. He pulled the notebook out, and rested it in his lap, opening to the nearest clean page and beginning to write.

"Dear Journal,

Today hasn't been the greatest of mine... in fact, it's probably been one of the worst. God, I messed everything up so bad. I had good intentions and all, but that doesn't really mean things couldn't go to chaos.

It started with the Tree of Feelings. Dream and I were talking like always, but then we had people come and throw tomatoes at me. Dream went to go lecture them, and try to get them to back off, so while he was distracted I got the brilliant idea to go over and try to pick a golden apple just to prove that I can be good too.

That isn't what happened though.

I... I corrupted the tree. I still can't believe it. I've probably made my brother so upset, and there's nothing I can do about it now. The villagers will be chasing me down though, so I need to keep running. I know how hard this journey is going to be, but it's the only choice I have now.

My water is already going to be gone soon though, and the snacks I brought are not going to last me long, but I can't continue on foot anymore. My legs are completely numb, and I can't even stand anymore. I'm hoping that in the morning I'll be able to walk again, but daylight is almost completely gone now, and I have no source of warmth. I hope I'm able to find somewhere new to stay, and soon. I'll keep you updated, my hands feel like ice.

-Nightmare"

When he was done writing, he quickly put his notebook and pen back in the potato sack. It had begun to snow, and he didn't want the ink to come into contact with the flakes of snow. He sighed, and closed his eye again. The writing had at least made him a little more tired, to the point where sleep came just a little easier to him.

Nightmare awoke the next morning, cold and shivering, but at least he could feel his legs again, which meant he would be able to continue traveling this morning. He shook the snow off of himself, and got to his feet, a sharp ache coursing through his legs. "Fuck." He murmured to himself, but nonetheless, began walking again. He already had a small limp to his walk, but he didn't let that stop him. He looked around, frowning. The woods seemed a lot more threatening now that he wasn't running.

"I hope I find someplace soon."

________

Sorry for the chapter being so short, motivation is low. They should get longer as I get more motivation to work on this! 

712 Words.